DLC Optimised Folders 'Redundant'

uncleseano

Question

Heya, I followed the guide to the letter and plced the 7 folders into their respective slots in M.O on the left panel. Nothing seems to appear about them in the right panel (even under archives) and they all have the grey lighteing bolt beside their names.

To elaborate the STD and HRDLC1-3 are fine it's just Dawnguard/Dragonborn and HF are redundant.

Is it because I have the Bethesda High-Res DLC Optimised?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:  Nevermind I'm just gonna get this instead

Optimized Vanilla Textures with all the DLC and Vano89's merged High-Res Pack.

Edited by uncleseano

2 answers to this question

Heya, I followed the guide to the letter and plced the 7 folders into their respective slots in M.O on the left panel. Nothing seems to appear about them in the right panel (even under archives) and they all have the grey lightning bolt beside their names.

The optimized textures are not BSAs so they do not show up in the right pane of MO at all, only in the left pane. In the left pane the STD.opt optimized texture file is installed before the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, and the 3 DLC optimized texture files are each installed just before the associated Unofficial DLC patch. The 3 HRDLC optimized texture files are installed after the Unofficial Dragonborn patch and before the Unofficial High Resolution patch.

To elaborate the STD and HRDLC1-3 are fine it's just Dawnguard/Dragonborn and HF are redundant.

In the right pane Archives tab you will see all the vanilla BSAs under the Archive tab. The 3 DLC BSAs are greyed out and the check mark beside them is greyed out. This is the expected behavior. The 3 DLC BSAs are not redundant at all; they are still used since the optimized DLC textures only replace a small portion of the resources in these BSAs. 

Is it because I have the Bethesda High-Res DLC Optimised?

Thanks in advance

I don't see any problems in what you describe as showing in the MO GUI, by the way.

EDIT:  Nevermind I'm just gonna get this instead

Optimized Vanilla Textures with all the DLC and Vano89's merged High-Res Pack.

Those files, or the STEP BSA, should also work fine.