2 different SKSE folder ? (skyrim data and mod orginiser foler)

hardtroll

Question

Hello everyone, a small question because that is not clear ....

I want to ste this tweak (from race menu) in SKSE :

Your Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini should look something like this:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

My problem is that I got 2 different SKSE folder !! 

The first one is in skyrim/data/SKSE  then I got plugins folder , and some plugins here (DCF, fuzrodho and smart souls)

The second one is in skyrim/mod orginiser/mods/skse10702/skse/skse.ini !!!!

you can check both path on this photo

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAye3hrRNOv.htm

It is very confusing for me ? Should I keep the skse.ini in mods and editing here, but what the skse plugins are doing in a different place ?!

Some help is needed for the neophyte I am !!

6 answers to this question

What you should have done was install the SKSE scripts folder as a mod in mod organizer, and then add the ini to that via Mod Organizer.

OR, optionally,

Take that skse.ini file from its Mod Organizer folder and copy it into the SKSE folder you have in the data directory. Then delete it from MO.

I always do it the first way. Some people do it the second way. 

I am afraid I am not clear .... :confused: 

Yes the SKSE.ini is in the mod orginiser/mod/skse10702 folder. So it looks normal.

BUT I wonder why in the skyrim/data I got SKSE folder with plugins inside  (DCF, fuzrodho and smart souls)> Will those plugins work ??? Should I moove those plugins to have only 1 SKSE folder (so in mod orginiser because I run SKSE via MO as step reccomend ) ?

This only applies to Skyrim, the older games like Fallout don't allow this, but you can install SKSE plugins using Mod Organizer. That means those SKSE plugins that exist in your 'real' Skyrim folder can safely be installed in MO and loaded via that method.

Having them in your actual 'real' Skyrim folder, as you do, is doing no harm, they will still load and function, but it just means you need to change the settings in the inis there and not via MO.

Ideally I would do as @Nozzer66 says and install just the SKSE scripts using MO, the actual *.dll files need to be installed outside of MO, and then every SKSE plugin will be installed in MO and loaded into memory when the game runs.

For the sake of convenience I would remove the plugins and then install them using MO. That way all your plugins can be managed in a controlled way. But let me repeat, you haven't broken anything, the game will still work. You just need to understand the way MO does things better.

So if I understand well, I just make a copy of my plugins folder from Skyrim/data/SKSE  to that one skyrim/mod organiser/mods/skse10702/SKSE ?

Or maybe I do nothing ....(the loosy way yes, but i try to finish the Step extended installation for 5 days now, 3 times trying from the begining, and close to finish this morning.....I hope I can play today !! so maybe I choose the coward option, DO NOTHING AND PRAY )