TES5edit cleaning update results in bashed patch

john7

Question

I have used Tes5edit to clean master files many times and have NEVER seen it result in a batched patch. I am attempting to try out this STEP core and having quite a hard time reconciling my experience with what I am reading. Can anyone tell me if step 2 b is supposed to result in a batched patch ??? Like I said, I have cleaned many masters and  never seen a batched patch before. Now I am scared to continue the STEP core install I am attempting. Step 2 b is to clean the update ESM. Never before resulted in batched patch. Freaking out here, just a little. Please help. Thank you.

6 answers to this question

So should I delete it (it wont let me). Do I need to go start over ? Why would tes5edit do wrye bashs' job ? better yet HOW could tes5edit do something wrye bash is supposed to do. What do I do to get rid of this patch , or will I actually need it later ? Is my install ruined ? I cannot continue until I know it is safe.

thank you very much .... now I will attempt to continue with step 2-C. I am using an alienware R-4 with Ge-Force 760, 16 GB Ram Quad core .... etc. It is supposed to be a fast strong machine, god knows it cost enough...should I be able to use all the highest res textures and max everything ...so to speak...?? I thought this machine was top of the line when I bought it. I intend to try to use the settings for higher end machines and if all goes well I'll post many thank yous and let others know it is possible....unless you know anything I don't know about , any warnings or advice is most welcome and IS actually and sincerely appreciated. Thank you very much for your help so far. If you had not replied I would just have to keep waiting. I hate waiting. I wait hating. Thanx to you I now know enough to continue and that is you making all the difference in the world to me...so...thank you....really..

honestly, 4k for anything with a 1080p resolution is silly.  Its not worth the loss of fps or the memory, as you rarely ever see it in its true, non-aliased nature.  The only 4k textures which would make any sense would be unique weapons and armor.  As that is the only texture which, no matter what camera state you are in, you will see up close. Also, because it is unique, you will not have to worry about it rendering on more than a few people tops, which will save your frame rate.

Edited by ThreeTen