MO not rewrite .bsa archives Fallout 3

aka_sektor

Question

Hi!

I have one problem with Mod Organizer.

I create retexture many original textures and pack their (with FOMM/BSA creator) to .bsa archive. After I create folder with name "Data", and place my "new.bsa" there.

Later I pack all (folder with file) to 7-zip archive and setup mod with Mod Organizer. After I activate "new.bsa" in tab "Archives".

I start the game... and no any changes.

My question: why this happen and how is fix?

Edited by aka_sektor

4 answers to this question

Doing a bit of research on this and I think it comes down to this fact: loading screens are not called from custom BSAs, unless they have an accompanying plugin to call them.

I can find no other loading screen replacement mod for any Bethesda game that uses BSAs unless it also uses a plugin. The BSA you created is formatted correctly and it is shown by MO to be correct but the actual game refuses to recognise it.

So as far as I can see your options are:

1. Create a plugin to call it. - Not a very good idea as plugin count is too important to waste it on something as sminor as this.
  2. Provide them as loose files - Best option. The size of the download is negligible and the game doesn't suffer from having loose files, especially since MO maintains a clean 'Data' folder anyway.

Welcome to STEP @aka_sektor.

Is the BSA packaged correctly? Can you access the files inside when used without MO?

Examine the 'Data' tab in MO and see if that BSA is providing the files you expect it to. Each file will have the name of the providing mod listed in the second column and if more than one mod provides it it will be listed in red and the tooltip will show the losing mods.

Perhaps you may be able to provide a coopy of the BSA so we can examine if there are any issues with its creation?

Is the BSA packaged correctly?

I think, yes. FOMM BSA creator pack bsa right.

Can you access the files inside when used without MO

No. I only try create in GECK new.esp for my new.bsa. Active him in MO, but he only tell me about dirty edits.

Examine the 'Data' tab in MO and see if that BSA is providing the files you expect it to. Each file will have the name of the providing mod listed in the second column and if more than one mod provides it it will be listed in red and the tooltip will show the losing mods.

Look this:

s_1474127745_7783589_081d2c6ae8.png

Files have.

Perhaps you may be able to provide a coopy of the BSA so we can examine if there are any issues with its creation

Try you! Get my files:

Unpacked: https://www.mediafire.com/download/qggvhms31tz9qs8/Mod+unpack.7z

Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/download/3cq22dg9yegu24e/Mod.7z

And Fomm for packing: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/640/?

Must be changes loading screens to russian language version.

Edited by aka_sektor