[Conflict Resolution] FormID conflict? Add? How?

tjax323

Question

Morning,

I ran across this SSE conflict, and I'm not sure how to tackle this one. A pic of the conflict is here.

The popular Vilja NPC adds a formID, but so does USSEP. I can't seem to find an option to add a single line at the end of my patch to that I can have all 3 additions (the two from USSEP and the 1 from Vilja) in my patch so all is carried forward in the patch. If I could just add one line at the end I could do it, but I don't have the option. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Perhaps it's just a simple as how to add the one "box" for a patch? I think I have to CR this, because it's not an exclusion in the sticky.

Edited by tjax323

4 answers to this question

1. Copy the record from USSEP as override into your patch file

2. Add the ArenaCombatant entry to the end of the override record in your patch file

3. Done.  xEdit will still highlight things red because it's an unordered array, but all entries should now be there.

• +1 1

Thanks Mator. I did do that, but the problem is I'm still left with one box too few. I can add the arena combatant record, but I have to overwrite one of the others to get it in, because I can't create an empty box at the end of the column. See pic here I hope this is making sense. Essentially, it's trying to fit 3 "new"records with only room for 2. I don't know how to squeeze the 3rd in there is my problem.

Thanks, Zilav. <Meh..> Rookies, right? Thank you to both Mator and Zilav. My question is answered and solved. So I just don't take the answer and run, I'll post a couple of screenshots regarding how I resolved this for anyone reading a post like this in the future. After creating the patch by right clicking as "override into" the USSEP conflicting record, all that is needed is to follow the below. For the record, the conflict was the USSEP patch and the custom NPC "Vilja in Skyrim". Both mods added some formID's, but Vilja overwrote an addition USSEP made.

To those reading this with a similar problem, here are two photos to show actual execution of the resolution.

1. Adding the record screenshot

2. Resolving the conflict screenshot

3. Other screenshots in this Imgur photo album show the conflict in detail. Posted earlier in this thread.