Gun Runners Arsenal - Vendortron Five Billion Bug

ToughPuppy

Question

Hello!

I've encountered a strange bug when I sell items at the Gun Runners Arsenal. The Vendortron Five Billion is perfectly happy to take my money whenever I buy things, but won't give me any money when I say things to him! I think this bug has actually been affecting me for a long while, as the Vendortron's cap-count has risen to >50,000 over my ~200 hours of gameplay. I have tried selling all sorts of different items, but the darn robot refuses to give me any money.

I'm aware that this NPC (it is catergorised as a 'Creature' in FNVEdit) comes from the CalibreX mod, and I am using the LITE store plugin as the F&L guide instructs. I have looked at the mod through FNVEdit but can't find anything which would help me fix the bug, other than noticing that the mod has no 'script' section, but then again I am no expert in modding whatsoever, which has led me to posting on this forum.

I have edited many mods through FNVEdit, including the CalibreX plugins and the LITE store plugin, but I only made changes to the Vendortron's inventory stock. It has just occured to me that I should start a fresh game and see if this bug still occurs, but I expect that it will.

Any recommendations? It's not a game-breaking bug by any means, but I would like to get my money's worth out of this Soros-like robot. (My political opinions are unimportant, but it is of note that I AM NOT anti-semitic, which is one of the reasons I make so many anti-semitic jokes. :whistling: )

Thankyou for reading!

2 answers to this question

That's actually a game bug: https://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_bugs#Barter_system_bugs

Check the first entry. Since it's from a mod vendor, you can try removing the plugin, saving, and re-adding the plugin, to force the vendor chest to reset.

Thankyou; bug fixed, nice and easy. I had no idea about this was a vanilla bug; I guess I shouldn't hoard up on the bullets so much. MMMhhmm ... lovely .308 match ... *slobber*

Ahem, thankyou again!