Hair issue - some female guards are scalped!

rolandito

I just did a STEP:Core 2.2.9.2 installation, and I've got a weird issue that doesn't seem to have any rhyme nor reason.

Some of the guards are missing the hair from a dome on top of their heads.  Almost like someone gave them a Friar Tuck buzz + a mullet.

I tried reinstalling both the Hair mods from the Core wiki, but no joy.  Still got bald-headed hoes strolling around my holds.

Any ideas WTF is going on?

Make sure you've install the mod correctly as well as installed Weapon & Armor Fixes correctly. Run LOOT.

Thanks, TA.

Yep, I've double-checked the mod installation, and re-run LOOT just for grins.  No good.

Playing around a bit more, it seems that some of the female armor helmets aren't rendering in-game.  Specifically, the female holds' guard helmets and the ebony helmet (so far).  The male helmets don't seem to be affected.

I tried switching to 3rd-person view and putting the ebony helmet on my own (female Breton) character, and no helmet appeared...but her hair vanished and she stood there looking like Mr. Clean.

Edited by rolandito

It gets weirder...

I went to Jorrvaskr and used the console to add and equip each Companion with a standard (no enchantments or improvements) Ebony Helmet.  They all rendered as expected, both males and females.

Aela and Nadja are both Nord women, and Ria is an Imperial.  The helmet rendered just fine on their heads.

I tried again on Lydia, who is also a Nord...no go.  No helmet appears, just her bald chrome dome.  Same with my Breton character...looks more like the Last Airbender than the Last Dragonborn.

I'm at a loss with this lack of consistency.  Any thoughts on how to isolate the problem?