Wrye Bash doesn't like some of my plugins

LordNighty

Question

Hello, good people of the interweb ::): 

I finally decided to download Wrye Bash and it doesn't even let me make my first bashed patch. As soon as I open Wrye Bash, a message shows up (https://ibb.co/dtEwmb). I didn't really know what it means, so I ignored it and proceeded to make a patch. Imagine my "surprise", when the patch couldn't be made.

Is there a kind enough soul that would be willing to explain to me what's the problem and what to do?

Thanks in advance! ^^
P.S.: Pardon my inexperience and stupidity, will ya?

Edited by LordNighty

5 answers to this question

Hello, good people of the interweb ::): 

I finally decided to download Wrye Bash and it doesn't even let me make my first bashed patch. As soon as I open Wrye Bash, a message shows up (https://ibb.co/dtEwmb). I didn't really know what it means, so I ignored it and proceeded to make a patch. Imagine my "surprise", when the patch couldn't be made.

Is there a kind enough soul that would be willing to explain to me what's the problem and what to do?

Thanks in advance! ^^

P.S.: Pardon my inexperience and stupidity, will ya?

Are you using this for modding SSE? Are you using the newest version of WB?

If the answer is yes to both, then that message is most likely caused by WB's new feature of detecting plugins which have not been properly ported to SSE...meaning they still carry Form 43 in the plugin header instead of Form 44 that is for SSE. That's my guess anyway.

Are you using this for modding SSE? Are you using the newest version of WB?

If the answer is yes to both, then that message is most likely caused by WB's new feature of detecting plugins which have not been properly ported to SSE...meaning they still carry Form 43 in the plugin header instead of Form 44 that is for SSE. That's my guess anyway.

Thanks for reply.

I converted the esps to SE and it got rid of the error message. I was then able to succesfully generate a bashed patch... and it crashed my game as soon as I tried to load my save file.  ::(: 

Any ideas as to what can make bashed patches cause crashes?

Thanks for reply.

I converted the esps to SE and it got rid of the error message. I was then able to succesfully generate a bashed patch... and it crashed my game as soon as I tried to load my save file.  ::(: 

Any ideas as to what can make bashed patches cause crashes?

There's been another report of this using the latest WB build. That user's solution was to use an older build of WB to generate the Patch. This needs to be reported to the WB team.

Interesting. I uninstalled "SSE Fixes" and everything appears to be working properly now. I'm not sure if the new version of Wrye Bash is somehow incompatible with it or if I just instaled SSE Fixes in a bad way. Nonetheless, I'm quite relieved. Thanks for your assistance! ^^