Installing Skyrim Redesigned With Mod ORGANIZER

DOHstep2013

Question

As the subject says... I am using Mod Organizer to install step. I am have issues using it with Wrye Bash with a couple of mods, but in general it makes scripts difficult.

I've just done my first install with MO and I don't think I'll be going back. That said, there are issues with scripted installs that I haven't figured out how to get around, and I am using Wrye Bash.

Skyrim Redesigned and Sould Gems Differ are the two that are the most problematic, for me. But all of the mods that feature install options seem to have the same issue - the menu part works most of the time but the only example photo you see is the first one. I installs the NCC files, but I don't see any difference in the behavior of MO.

The other issue is that since I've begun using MO, Wyre Bash's installer isn't working. I've tried re-installing it, but that has not worked. Of course this might be an intentional behavior, so I wanted to ask.

That's basically it. Getting mods installed with that have Wrye Bash scripts, or NMM scripts, and doing so with MM. Thank you for any assistance offered.

9 answers to this question

The NCC option allows you to use fomods / install scripts. Makes the whole thing easier. There is probably a better way to get SD installed but I haven't found one that isn't a PITA. Anyway the above MM typos explained it all does indeed make more sense. I use Neovalen's recommendations on Skyrim Revisited for that particular mod.

:)

You should try with Mod Organizer, it is similar to use in many ways as NMM but is as powerful as Wrye Bash in many ways. But the trick with mods like Skyrim redesigned (which is a bizarrely packaged mod) would be to download manually then extract all texture files to a new file called Skyrim Redesigned > textures (strangely) on your desktop somewhere. Then when you have all the texture files from the mod in there then Zip the whole thing up as a 7z file. Finally install as a mod normally using the find mod feature on NMM. Soul Gems differ has a Fomod and should install just fine with MO or NMM and there is a 'bain' wizard for WB.

Though I wont have gained any kudos here by giving NMM advice as it is generally an unsupported mod manager due to it's very limited functionality. I would seriously advise you to learn MO or WB properly (or even better MO and WB) rather than use NMM, especially if you plan a large mod installation such as STEP. Check out the STEP guides but If you are only planning a few mods then I suppose NMM is fine.

:)

Thank you for the post. I have used Mod Organizer to install STEP, along with Wrye Bash, BOSS, BUM, and Tes5edit. I'm having a problem with two out of the entire list of STEP mods, and then quite a large number of additional mods that total more than 300. The game performs better than ever, is stable, and so far the only issues with STEP have been the ones I've posted here. Your suggestion is appreciated. Also, if the directories of the mods in question were reset with the structure you describe I am fairly certain they would also work with Mod Manager (I have done this to get some specific textures out of other sets). I would imagine others are having this issue, at least with those two mods. Burn Effects is also problematic when installing with MO. Selecting the mod author's preferences at the outset seems to fix an issue with missing textures following exposure to dragon fire.

The thing is, as far as I can tell from reading there is a way to use MO with Wrye Bash and scripted mod elements. There is an option to install NCC files, which is apparently intended to allow Mod Organizer to emulate scripts. Ideally, I would like to avoid going through the mod and picking through it. It occurs to me that I have probably asked this question in the wrong place, and this is probably better addressed in the Mod Organizer forum. If I get a useful answer I will post it.

Hello

first thing, thx Neovalen for your great work:thumbsup:

I'm sorry if it is not the good topic but i can t find a clear answer about SKSE install with mod organizer

I succeeded to install skse properly with MO but there are some conflicts with the source folder inside the script folder

is there any solution to fix this problem?

Can i remove source folder?

Or maybe it doesn t matter if there are some conflicts?

thank you for answer

ninilenain