145 replies to this topic

#136 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

Already added it to my plugin. I also detected an error in my script that kept it from running properly, so I'll be uploading a new version with both those issues taken care of.

EDIT: Done.

Edited by MonoAccipiter, 10 December 2016 - 08:34 PM.

#137 boycad

boycad

Prisoner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:10 AM

It all seems very smooth, and I hope to be able to browse all these new weapons in-game soon.  In going over all of this material, you have identified several or maybe all of the main problems with added-weapon mods, namely they tend to be over powered or just strangely powered, because each author specs each gun individually and often arbitrarily; and the problem of having nearly identical weapons show up with slightly different names and textures.  I hope all the weapon modifications work on these, but I have the sense they will.

That was easy.  I think it replaces like dozens of other mods.  Thanks.

I would offer one small criticism, or matter of taste:  Renaming Millenia's technically specific gun names is a good idea, but now I feel like the new names are too generic.  Most of those guns have real-world common use off-hand names which would go well with their detailed textures, without reading like a manufacturers spec sheet.  For instance, the "Browning P35" is usually called the 'Browning Hi-Power', while "Hi-Power Pistol"... i dunno.  Yes, I learned most of this from u-toob.

Edited by boycad, 13 February 2017 - 05:12 AM.

#138 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 917 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

They're meant to imitate the original game, which seems to eschew company names. Whether they did that due to rights or not, we can only speculate about, but that is what they did. I usually think of it as having to do with wastelanders giving weapons colloquial names. This is what I've been going for with the names for guns in the Frontier (which I've been helping out with).

#139 Gogan

Gogan

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

Quick question:

I'm currently in the middle of a (kinda early) new playthrough.

Now I'm thinking about adding some parts of your EQ-Pack.

Would that be a bad idea? Should it rather be used with a new game?

#140 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

It's fine to add mid-game.

#141 Mortercotic

Mortercotic

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Mr MonoAccipiter! Is any "easy" way i can make weapons of the new millenia rebalance not depending of caliberx?

#142 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

There is only one way, really. Change the various CaliberX calibers to something from vanilla NV, there should be a list of which ones were changed on the pack page. Then you clean masters with xEdit.

#143 Mortercotic

Mortercotic

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

There is only one way, really. Change the various CaliberX calibers to something from vanilla NV, there should be a list of which ones were changed on the pack page. Then you clean masters with xEdit.

Oh well, caliberx its a great mod anyway. I just ask because one friend wanted to know. Gonna convince him to have it. Thank you!

Edited by Mortercotic, 26 March 2017 - 02:47 PM.

#144 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

Forgot to mention that you also need to remove CaliberX calibers from various leveled lists.

#145 Ronin_735

Ronin_735

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

Could you make a version of the WotNM patch-thing without CaliburX? I would love to use your mod but CaliburX conflicts with some of the mods I use and would rather not go without.

#146 HipsterKoala

HipsterKoala

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

Hey Mono, I absolutely love your mod. I have  a small problem with the mod, though. I've used your renaming mod a few times before and it always worked perfectly, but now it doesn't rename any of the weapons. I did get guns like the TOZ-66, the Winchester, etc. to rename, but guns like the UZI, M37 Ithaca, etc. don't rename. I can post my load order if you want.

In short, Millenia's Additional Weapons Rebalanced Works, but Weapons of the New Millenia Rebalanced does not.

I wouldn't ask here if I could find the answer anywhere else (since it's supposed to be a feedback thread and not a "Help Me" thread). Thanks Mono and, again, I love your mods so much.

FNV Load Order:

https://pastebin.com/TCyYCDxE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users