Mono's Lore Friendly Equipment Pack - Feedback

The wonder of modding --> When taking a look at something ends up being tons of work and you don't realize before it's too late to turn back. I've now made the Rogue Ranger Armor so awesome I want to wear it, but considering the goals of the pack I also want to make it have stats approaching the normal armor, perhaps somewhat worse to account for its worn state, and then I can't have it randomly popping up on low level raiders. Any ideas for a good place to have a full version of the set? Are there any rogue rangers in the New Vegas Bounties mods? I feel like there is one but it's a while since I played through them.

Also need to change the Project Nevada patch as the helmet shouldn't have night vision even with the patch's fixed version. The camera to the right of the head is missing, and following the logic of ADAM, it shouldn't give vision modes, like the Outcast Mask.

EDIT: I know what you're thinking - will his meddling never end? Never!  :;):

Edited by MonoAccipiter

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I see, that is what I have done on my own game.

If I may make a suggestion, I think you should keep the H&K Usp either as a 10mm weapon with the current stats or upgrade it to a .45 weapons and give it better stats. It is the only weapon that uses 40 S&W in WOTNM+Your suggested additions to it, and both 10 mm and .45 version of the USP exist in real life, so it could add a bit of variety in these calibers and reduce the vendor/loot clutter, one caliber for only one weapon is not really worth it in my opinion.

Edited by Salizar
  • +1 1

That's a good suggestion. I've updated the pack to v0.53, incorporating the CaliberX patch in the main WotNM plugin and renaming the H&K USP to "Operator Pistol", which now uses 10mm ammunition as Salizar suggested. With how CaliberX works (using scripts to add stuff to vendorlists instead of the Bashed Patch merging every entry) you might still see .40 SW ammunition until you start a new game though.

I also rebalanced the vendortron from CaliberX's store plugin, as I felt it having 1000 of each ammo type was rather silly. I kept abusing that my last playthrough at least.

Very grateful for the feedback, and happy so many people have decided to add my pack to the guide. It encourages me to develop it further and push it toward a version I feel is worthy of being included in the pack.  ::):

Edited by MonoAccipiter
  • +1 1

Yes, don't hide that. Didn't incorporate it now because I actually have a lot of plugin space in my list, so it seemed like unnecessary work. Wonder if I can just merge it with the shop plugin?  :confused:

What I mean is this file is in the old zip file, but the new zip file does not have this file (Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp).

Edited by darkside

I've added the bandana and cards from the Rogue Ranger Helmet onto ADAM's high poly meshes:

oxzRqRm.jpg?1

Had to change the shape of the bandana, but the UV maps are good so it doesn't look bad at all. Now I need to do the same thing for the GO version (i.e. the one you see when you drop the item from your inventory) and decide how to handle the leveled list integration. I was thinking something along the lines of the original PN patch for SoL, where the helmet you find on raiders is a broken version and you can craft the fully functional version. That kinda strikes the perfect balance between the want to have something awesome-looking be good enough to actually use, and wanting to have it in leveled lists without messing up their balance.

• +1 1