Mono's Lore Friendly Equipment Pack - Feedback

Wow! Please do it. I remember trying that out and looks amazing. The not camouflage wood version is great. And seems to have custom optical sights? By the way, do you check this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61323/? Maybe could be a good addition to your pack.

EDIT - And another suggestion, more of a request, is that flamer pistol from project nevada... you got to do something about it.. its horrible :P

Edited by Mortercotic

I will. The Rail Cannon too, it looks like it's made out of plastic. The Gauss Pistol can be replaced by this.

Takes a bit of time with Project Nevada though, as they don't use scripts for leveled lists, so I have to remove it from all the different lists before removing the gun so as not to break the plugin.

Just take your time, no worries. If i knew how to help i would but modding skills are not with me. Those ideas are great! Its amazing how new vegas have already a few years old and still so many good stuff being created. Im playing fallout since the first one in the 90's and well... maybe i have a problem! Thank you.

Loving what you're providing change wise, however it looks like your Project Nevada patch is still broken. I couldn't get into the main menu with it activated, even though you said it was fixed. Maybe the link wasn't updated?

I was having the same thing when i was using a patch for eve that Ess posted one time in the Fear and loathing forum. Maybe you using the same one or at least something that use any kind of scripts on that mod. Just an idea to catch the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming to a town near you soon:

traWa6C.jpgBciCWPp.jpg

Shiny Wattz Pistols, the second one being the upgraded "Magneto" variant. Probably gonna make it something you can craft with an upgrade kit. Grabbed them from joefoxx's Fallout 3 mod, just changing the base version to use the glowmap for the upgraded one so it didn't look like a weird crossbreed of aluminium and stone. I know the GECK is a shitty renderer, but they're both using 2K textures.

I've also removed a ton of the not-so-good-looking weapons, and replaced the Chinese Sniper Rifle with the Dragunov I teased earlier (including a unique variant named after a "dragon son" from Chinese Mythology).

EDIT: Also, Mortercotic, sorry for not responding to your suggestion earlier. I have actually seen the mod, but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called, so thank you for linking to it. It's definitely a candidate for a future update, since you can easily make any weapon use custom sights.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Okey I fixed it. New link up now. Let me know if you have any other issues. Now time for screenshots.

EDIT:

New Wattz Laser Rifle (w/o and with mods, not including the scope):

mbSV2O9.jpgETPoWqJ.jpg

New Wattz Laser Pistols (regular and unique):

nCBZo6O.jpg

Qczv07F.jpg

New Chinese Sniper Rifle and Yazi Vanguard Rifle (the regular version has 3 mods):

BpmcYsy.jpg

Edited by MonoAccipiter

It just occurred to me that while I might remove the weapons that use certain ammo types (like .40 S&W) to make more space in the leveled lists, the actual ammunition just stays there forever (the downside of adding stuff via scripts) and gets double as stupid with no gun there to make use of it. Hence I went and figured out a way to write scripts that remove the CaliberX ammo types from leveled lists, and will be providing plugins that do that for you from now on. Starting with .40 S&W which was used by the Operator Pistol in earlier versions, but has now been changed. I kinda found it annoying to have more .40 S&W ammo in Chet's store than ammunition I could actually use, especially since he had a whopping four different types of that ammo and no damn 5.56mm or 10mm.

These plugins are really simple to use (they require Lutana NVSE though):

1. Put the plugin at the end of your load order and tick it. No need to redo the Bashed Patch or anything else.
  2. Load your game. Wait for a few seconds and they should be gone. No need to make a clean save or anything. The script resets the shop inventories.
  3. Untick the plugin and delete it.

Here's the link: https://mega.nz/#!IJ8RAaYS!fBXC6oSHzKN9i1-8HcgR6jVfmWxyUWFEm2xESEltXh4

EDIT: I also update the leveled list integration for the Camon & Scottmack plugin, which now should see the weapons pop up all over the place (though not very commonly) and the Millenia's Additional Weapons plugin so as to make the weapons spawn with the correct ammunition. I noticed that mistake while playing earlier because a Viper Gunslinger spawned with a Soviet Machine Pistol and 9x19mm Parabellum ammo instead of 9x18 Makarov. Updating the C&S mod requires you to make a clean save by loading up the game without the mod, saving, and then reenableing it.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

I just cannot get the new Project Nevada plugins to work. I keep having the same issue as the above poster. I even tried a new MO profile and just enabled the Lore Friendly package and it's dependencies. No dice. I can't figure it out. The old patches work perfectly. I've tried it with the old YUP-WMX-PN-PNEO Patch, and still a no go. 

I did notice the Project Nevada - WMX had a few errors in it - some of the mods for the Chinese sniper rifle have "cannot be resolved" errors in alternate textures fields. 

In any case, I love what you're doing here, and thanks a bunch for sharing it. 

Edited by Skadi

I must have uploaded the wrong WMX plugin, I will check it out when I get home. If you go in and delete all the "cannot be resolved" entries from the leveled lists,  it should work. Missing main menu happens when a patch tries to refer to records I've deleted (hence the "cannot be resolved")