Mono's Lore Friendly Equipment Pack - Feedback

Hi, I have a question regarding your "Project Nevada - Equipment.esp". FNVEdit give me an error:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [08] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[00:00] MonoPNSetupQuestScript [sCPT:0800A737]
[00:00]     SCPT \ References \ SCRO - Global Reference -> [0300782F] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] All Done!

I don't know what to do!  ::O:

Hi,

For my own modded setup I've made following change to "MonoPNSetupQuestScript":

scn MonoPNSetupQuestScript

begin GameMode

if GetGameRestarted

;Stole Lists

VendorContainerTorresREF.additemhealthpercent MonoUniqueWattzLaserPistol 1 1 1

;Trait Lists

ListAddForm NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons PNxEWeapWattzLaserPistol

;Mods Store Lists

LeveledListAddForm VendorWeaponModsGunsTier4 RSChineseSniperRifleMod01 1 1 1
LeveledListAddForm VendorWeaponModsGunsTier4 RSChineseSniperRifleMod02 1 1 1
LeveledListAddForm VendorWeaponModsGunsTier4 RSChineseSniperRifleMod03 1 1 1
LeveledListAddForm VendorWeaponModsEnergyTier1 MonoWattzPistolMod01 1 1 1
LeveledListAddForm VendorWeaponModsEnergyTier2 MonoWattzRifleMod01 1 1 1
LeveledListAddForm VendorWeaponModsEnergyTier3 MonoWattzRifleMod02 1 1 1

;CaliberX Cartridge Activation

;startquest CaliberActivateQuest762R

set CaliberActivateQuest.iActivateCaliber762x54mmR to 1 ; Caliber to activate
set CaliberActivateQuest.iActivateCaliber to 1 ; control variable to enable activation of calibers

stopquest MonoPNSetupQuest

endif

end

Hope that puts you in the right direction. I am unsure whether this is the correct way to do it as I have yet to finalize my modded game setup to test it. I was going off the Caliber version 5.04 readme file.
  • +1 1

Hi, I have a question regarding your "Project Nevada - Equipment.esp". FNVEdit give me an error:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [08] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[00:00] MonoPNSetupQuestScript [sCPT:0800A737]
[00:00]     SCPT \ References \ SCRO - Global Reference -> [0300782F] < Error: Could not be resolved >

I don't know what to do!  ::O:

This is probably because you're using the latest version of CaliberX. You can either use an older version or just wait until Mono updates it.

To tsc0815:

"ListAddForm" is NVSE while "LeveledListAddToForm" is Lutana NVSE, so you'll just need to make sure you have NVSE and that plugin if you are using that script.

And speaking of which: a NVSE version of both Millenia's Weapons and CaliberX would be nice, one which uses the NVSE functions as that wouldn't involve save bloat, but that would involve a fair amount of re-coding. I was thinking of trying.

ListAddForm doesn't work for leveled lists. If you want to make leveled lists with NVSE commands you need Lutana.

There's actually no perfect solution to scripted lists. NVSE commands need to be redone every time you start the game, as they only add to the memory. This also means you have to reset inventories, so setting inventory reset time in PN becomes almost trivial. Regular commands can cause bloat and crashing if you later remove the mod, but don't require inventory resets or scripts running multiple times. The new NVSE co-save marks the leveled list as permanent for all NVSE commands, meaning that if you do it to a vanilla list, and some other mod hasn't been updated, it would add an additional entry every time you started the game.

The best solution would actually be if everybody used a Bashed Patch, as that would solve conflicts and let people avoid scripts that could impact your game. That's never going to happen though, and since I use CaliberX, which resets all shop inventories anyhow, I have decided to change all of WotNM's scripts to use NVSE commands. It's not as simple as just replacing though, it never is with me. I get caught up changing the way it's implemented, tweaking the balance and so forth. So a new update is in the works, it's just taking a while.

EDIT - I'm not sure this is the right place for this, however I tracked down an issue I was having with loading the game to the Project Nevada - Equipment.esm within Mono's Project Nevada Plugins. I can use the Project Nevada - WMX.esp with the regular Project Nevada - Equipment.esm and load the game fine, but when I let the other one overwrite it there's no cursor or main menu.

Can this be load or install order related? I installed this pack at the Additional Weapons section in the main Fear & Loathing guide where it gives links to different weapon packs that can be merged, without using the other packs. Also, no WMX - Modern Weapons or Dragonskin Armor.

Sorry, did not see the edit. I noticed this as well and have been working to fix it. Updated the link to use the new plugin, and if you were using EssArrBee's YUP-WMX-PN-PNEO patch (from Mojave Patch Outpost) I made a custom version of that plugin as well. Don't worry about double posting in the future, as long as it's with new information it's completely okay.

I'm having the same problem as Turkeys where the game will give me an infinite loading screen on startup with your Project Nevada - Equipment.esm enabled.

All of your old mega links are dead and the two available that I was able to find from you (Mono's Project Nevada Plugins.7z & Mono's Project Nevada Plugins (old).7z) still gives me the same result of ILS, and I know for sure the cause isn't from a load order issue on my end.

I'm having the same problem as Turkeys where the game will give me an infinite loading screen on startup with your Project Nevada - Equipment.esm enabled.

All of your old mega links are dead and the two available that I was able to find from you (Mono's Project Nevada Plugins.7z & Mono's Project Nevada Plugins (old).7z) still gives me the same result of ILS, and I know for sure the cause isn't from a load order issue on my end.

This is what happens when you get that issue:

1. I've removed a record from PN's Equipment Module.
  2. Another mod tries referring to that record, either by placing it in a list, or in a container, or on an NPC and so on.
  3. The game loads but doesn't give you controls.

Here's what you do to find out what mods cause this issue:

1. Open up all plugins that have Project Nevada - Equipment.esm as a master in xEdit.
  2. Go through their formlists and look for  in any of them. Usually this is the culprit. Right-click them and remove them.
  3. Go through all the leveled lists and NPC inventories if the problem persists. Right-click them and remove them.
  4. Repeat if the problem persists, either with another plugin or looking if you've missed something. If you have plenty of plugins, just try to disable them one by one and load the game, and you will see which one is to blame.
  5. Alternatively you can just do step four and report the plugin to me, but I might not be able to fix it at once.

The only available previous link is always just the one with the (old) postfix, it's there in case I screw up when updating the links.

EDIT: Updated the Project Nevada plugin to use the correct script, let me know if I missed any other issues you brought up.

Edited by MonoAccipiter
  • +1 1

I used your updated Project Nevada plugin and I still got the ILS, so I did what you said and went through my plugins one more time and I've found that the real culprit was EssArrBee's YUP-WMX-PN-PNEO Patch. I unticked the plugin and the game finally loaded normally. I shouldn't even need this plugin right? I downloaded it in part of following through your fear&loathing fork.

Checking the Project Nevada - WMX esp in xEdit, I see a bunch of errors:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [0B] Project Nevada - WMX.esp
[00:00] PNxWMX1stPersonChineseSniperRifleUniqueSilencer [STAT:0B000E0B]
[00:00]     STAT \ Model \ MODS - Alternate Textures \ Alternate Texture \ New Texture -> [05000E08] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     STAT \ Model \ MODS - Alternate Textures \ Alternate Texture \ New Texture -> [05000E08] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] PNxWMX1stPersonChineseSniperRifleUniqueExtClip [STAT:0B0013C8]
[00:00] PNxWMX1stPersonChineseSniperRifleUniqueExtClipSilencer [STAT:0B0013C9]
[00:00] PNxWMX1stPersonChineseSniperRifleExtClipNewWood [STAT:0B002229]
[00:00]     STAT \ Model \ MODS - Alternate Textures \ Alternate Texture \ New Texture -> [05002228] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] PNxWMX1stPersonChineseSniperRifleExtClipSilencerNewWood [STAT:0B00222A]
[00:00]     STAT \ Model \ MODS - Alternate Textures \ Alternate Texture \ New Texture -> [05002228] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] PNxWMX1stPersonChineseSniperRifleSilencerNewWood [STAT:0B00222B]
[00:00] PNxWMX1stPersonChineseSniperRifleNewWood [STAT:0B00222C]

They're just statics (non-movable objects) that aren't used in the game. I could remove them and make statics with the new model, but nobody is gonna use those statics anyhow. I'll remove the records in the next plugin, but I don't think it warrants and update on its own (not an issue that will affect the game in any way).