Better High Detail map and Icons

mcshame

Question

Please confirm that MO can install "Better High Detail map and Icons" as discussed below.

- I didn't install Fallout Mod Manager - FOMM - Fork because it said optional

Notes: When Installing MODS with FOMM - Fork, they will go into Mod Organizer's "\Overwrite" folder. Follow the instructions for FOMM if used for a mod. This is a continuation of the FOMM development. This might allow the installation of mods that MO cannot handle with its external installer, but it does not seem to be needed with version 1.2.17 or higher of Mod Organizer.

- I didn't notice any instruction with mod organizer how to set up an external FOMOD installer   

- I couldn't figure out how to associate the FOMM - fork to Mod Organizer

So, I just used MO and it seemed to follow the description completely, clicked next twice to get to the 2nd screen and hard to see icons.  It seems like everything went ok.

In red, I couldn't find any guide or procedure. Is the yellow still valid? And the green did happen with Mod Organizer v1.3.11

Installation: Mod Organizer doesn't handle the fomod script used by this mod quite correctly. First, make sure the external fomod installer is enabled for installing the mod, and then after this mod is installed re-enable the internal installer. The fomod screens show up using the external fomod installer in MO, but it may be necessary to use next button several times to get to the second screen. Alternatively the FOMM - fork mod can be used for installation. There are a number of choices for map icons and mouse pointers; look at the options in the figures on the Nexus page to understand the choices as they are very hard to read on the fomod window. It is also possible to use the manual installation mode in MO to install the mod; instructions for this will be added to guide.

EDIT: no idea why I can't get the quotes to work :(

EDIT 2:

In lines 149, 268, and 393 change 660 to 650.

If the internal MO fomod installer was used to install the mod, the line numbers will not line up.

They in fact did line up.

Edited by mcshame

4 answers to this question