TES5Edit (by ElminsterAU)

frihyland

Oh, I KNOW how weird this is.  That summary is correct.  There isn't even a reason in the "Extra Options" plugin master file list, as it only requires "Core" to precede it.  And so far only this one file seems to cause the change between the "selection" window and the "loaded" list (now that I understand how xEdit sorts).  Somehow, at some point it is ignoring the date/time stamps of the selection sort before it loads the "masters" in favor of the order in the plugin in question even though that is not supposed to factor in.

But ... if I reset EO's date/time stamp to place it immediately after Core as it seems to want, everything seems to work as expected.  I've adjusted the sort position of the remaining PN files "masters" and resolved my initial problem.  It's just that something in the EO file that shouldn't logically be affecting xEdit's load order, is.  Which is why I wanted to bring it to your attention.  Whatever that something is, it might apply to some other plugin.

At this point I can understand if you want to just make a note of it in the bug tracker and wait to see if anything further comes to shed light on the matter.  It's such a limited circumstance it doesn't warrant too much time in the scope of other more pressing priorities.  It just the sort of thing that "bugs me", even though I know I have to let it go.

-Dubious-

One final detail that seems to have been overlooked since my original post.

"Mator Smash" did manage to load the ESM masters in the expected date/time stamp sequence, whereas xEdit did not.

Core.esm 2000-04-22 09:00:00
Equipment.esm 2000-05-27 20:00:01
Extra Options.esm 2007-12-31 20:01:00

I assumed it used the xEdit API, but perhaps not?

-Dubious-

I can't reproduce your issue, and never had similar reports before.

Smash uses the same API to work with plugins, however LO handling code is not a part of it.

Anyway unless I'll be able to reproduce that or receive more reports from different people, I consider this to be an ussue with particular plugin itself or your system.

• 2 years later...

Hello xEdit staff. I have a question about filtering if you have the time. I wonder if it is possible to filter out specific records. What I am looking for is a way to set up a filter to show only records that have not been touched by a certain plugin. For example, say a plugin alters a few records in the worldspace branch. I am wondering if there is a way to filter out those records that the plugin touches. I only want to see the records that the plugin does not touch. Is there a way to do this?

p.s. Thanks for the quick clean in the new update of xEdit. This simplifies and makes the cleaning procedures much quicker. You get a hearty thumbs up from this guy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWCaFYmOXQuzBdc-3rrCf

Edited by jonny6101

Change Filter() function in the "Apply custom scripted filter.pas"

function Filter(e: IInterface): Boolean;
begin
  Result := not SameText( GetFileName(WinningOverride(e)) , 'Plugin.esp' );
end;

Change with your plugin's name, it also should be loaded last.