TES5Edit (by ElminsterAU)

frihyland

• 1 month later...

This part of SR is recommended by STEP

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited#Acquisitive_Soul_Gems

I made the ASG-AWE patch.esp

Then it says:

"Drag the "Effect Shader" from Animated Weapon Enchants.esp into ASG-AWE Patch.esp."

I opened up animated Weapons Enchants.esp and clicked and held on Effects Shader, it doesn't 'drag'. How do I 'drag' ths to ASG-AWE patch.esp? 

I went to the cleaning guide and regular TES5Edit guide and did a search for the word 'drag' and don't see it. 

I am running TES5edit from with in MO. 

Which TES5Edit video/doc would explain this? The ones I am seeing talk more about cleaning and making patches not all the features. 

i opened up effect shader and see a series of entries under them titled with numbers and letters. I highlight them and try to pull them. nothing happens. what is considered an 'entry'

I know this is a stupid question, but I have been through all the tes5edit guides and I am watching multiple tes5edit videos and I cant figure out what I highlight to 'drag'. What is considered an entry and draggable? 

Left click on the item (in the column from the mod you want to copy the data from) you want to drag, hold down the key, drag it to where you want it (the cell in the column of the mod you want to drag it to) and release the key.

If it's not an allowable action there will be a symbol (circle with a line through it I think) saying you can't drop it there. If you can there is another symbol. Sometimes it is tough to figure out exactly what to drag, you may have to try getting the parent of the cell (further up the page).

Do not try to drag them from the left hand column with the name of the cells for that row.  Instead go into a column under the mod you want and drag that cell from one mod's column to another.

• 3 weeks later...

Under "Realistic Lighting Overhaul" in the TesEdit there is the line.

"Drag the "XLCW - Water Height" and "XLCN - Location" records from Hearthfires.esm to Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp.

Select the "0001A277" node."

is "XLCW" supposed to be XCLW?

So I'm working my way through SR, and I've pretty much got the idea for how to fix mods that don't forward changes from DLCs or Unofficial Patches.  Open the right files in TES5, select the red lines, find the mismatched values and drag them into the offending mod.  But not always.  For instance, when I load the Bethesda esms and Gildergreen Regrown.esp in TES5Edit, it looks like I ought to drag the XCLR-Regions values from Dawnguard into GR.  But Skyrim Revisited says nothing about this. I've seen this happen a couple of times.

I'm sure Neovalen knows what he's doing and I'm just confused, but can anyone explain HOW he knows not to make this adjustment?  Is there something in TES5 that indicates this?  Or is he looking at something else?

I can't answer with certainty at this point(don't have a SR base install anymore) but keep in mind that the uskp and dlc equivalents have been updated several times since the guide was frozen. Additionally that not all fields are important. :)

In any case, once I get to conflict resolution level for LE will try to make things more clear.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am trying to get Alternate Start to play nice with Guard Dialogue Overhaul following the instructions of SR. 

Expand "Dialogue Topic">"0002BDDD" under Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and select the "000D27DF" node.

Right-click on Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp in the right pane and select "Copy as Override into...".

Select "" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "AS-GDO Patch".

Right-click on the "Conditions" row of AS-GDO Patch.esp and select "Add".

Drag the "MQ102" condition from Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp to the newly created condition in AS-GDO Patch.esp.

The MQ102 condition is in the first 'block' of the conditions listed. When I move it to AS-GDO Patch it will not be in a new, empty condition , but it will overwrite an exisiting condition. There is an empty condition in the 4th 'condition block' but the condition in that row under Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp is not MQ102 but is 'GuardFactionWhiteRun'.

Which condition am I suppose to copy and to which field? I have followed SR to the letter and so far every TES5Edit went exactly as Neovalen said. As this one appears to have a difference (the newly created conditon is not empty) I have doubts about what to do. 

See the screenshot links.

1st screenshot: before I clicked 'Add'

2nd screenshot: after I clicked 'Add'

https://imgur.com/Z4l2SGn,jjnFHvE#0