Hotman: Bald Assassinations

Anyone looking forward to the new Hitman game on the 11th? I'm a big fan, but I'm torn on this latest entry. Not mentioning the episodic nature, I played the recent BETA and found it the most broken BETA build I ever played.

It's certainly closer to Blood Money than Absolution (which was terrible), but it still has a lot of flaws. The biggest is that you have to trigger some events, like the movement of your target. You couldn't wait in the guy's office, you had to go over to him for his 'office' routine to commence.

I have put money down for the 'Intro Pack' but if that fails to impress I'll not bother with any more. On the other hand I had a lot of fun. I like the series because it's different and makes you think. Not many games are like Hitman, bar Alekhine's Gun; that game is out today I think, but it looks a bit low-rent. I'll check out the reviews soon.

The CG trailers for Hitman are next to none though:

Next map in Italy looks fantastic too:

I'm always exicted about Hitman games, it's possibly one of my favorite franchises but in saying that I'm also a little concerned with how their attempting to carry off this new release deal they've got planned, I think the game itself looks brilliant and the gameplay will no doubt shine through as superb as always ( I actually liked Absolution) but the fact that they are releasing a half finished game and then adding on the extra's to make it a full game later on kinda feels like they took developer advice from Bethesda on this one.

I'm always exicted about Hitman games, it's possibly one of my favorite franchises but in saying that I'm also a little concerned with how their attempting to carry off this new release deal they've got planned, I think the game itself looks brilliant and the gameplay will no doubt shine through as superb as always ( I actually liked Absolution) but the fact that they are releasing a half finished game and then adding on the extra's to make it a full game later on kinda feels like they took developer advice from Bethesda on this one.

Jim Sterling (he has a website and YouTube account if you wanna' check) said Squeenix broke the game up because they thought this console generation would be a failure. They wanted to play it safe according to his industry contacts.

I bought Absolution day one. I was disappointed to find they turned into a mediocre and generic stealth game. This is coming from someone whom enjoyed Splinter Cell: Conviction and Blacklist. It didn't resonate with me at all and the story was ridiculous.  

The levels in this new game look awesome, but there was a lot of rough edges. I know I played an old build, but after all these years, they can't make a fibre wire appear around someones neck?  :lol: I played the BETA lots and enjoyed it quite a bit, but this isn't the old IO and they have to make it up to me personally. I hope they get it all perfect by the time the full retail release roles around. This RPS piece gave me slight doubts because if it's too scripted it affects replayability.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this has been better than expected so far; it's actually a return to form. I have played the same level for around 6 hours, and I still haven't done 40% of the challenges, or even explored close to every room/area either. My next goal is to drown both the targets in a toilet, while dressed in a vampire-magician outfit I found.  The only downside is the challenges are online for some stupid reason, and if the server goes down, it boots you off the mission. One mission a month is also dog turd, as if you aren't into replaying, you are basically stuffed. Still, the pros are outweighing the cons so far.