Add a racemenu preset

sharonasbar

Question

I am new to MO and I'm beginning to like it a lot. My question is; I want to download a racemenu preset. Manually where do I put it? I have a couple that I saved, but there is no data/SKSE/plugins/chargen/presets in the Skyrim folder. Already tried to add these folders, doesn't work. Please help.

Under the main MO installation you will find a folder named: mods. There are contained sub-folders for each mod you have installed, including one for RaceMenu.

You can simply create a new folder structure, if one does not exist, that includes the presets folder into which you may place your presets.

Happy New Year! (almost - couple more hours to go here in California)

I'm going crazy trying to add a racemenu preset.  I have slot files 0 - 12 located in F:\Skyrim Mods\Mod Organizer\mods\RaceMenu\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Presets

I can press F9 to load them, but they don't look anything like what they're supposed to.  Yes, I set the race and sex accordingly.  What I have noticed is that the "Presets" slider in the ALL menu will only slide between 0 and 9.  I thought having 0.slot - 12.slot would give me more presets.  I also thought when I changed one of the x.slots with a different slot file, the face or something would be different.

For example: The Janessa preset instructs me to slide the slider to 12 om the All menu tab, which I can't and then hit F9 (I assume from the Presets tab) to load the file the rest of the way.  At least that's what I think it's telling me to do.

I've scoured the net for the past 3 hours looking for a solution and can't figure this out.  I'll even happily take a LMGTFY link.  ;)

Ok,

I've learned some thing, so please disregard trying to answer my above question, as it is nigh impossible.  Without going into to a lot of detail, suffice it to say I am unable to reproduce those amazing presets such as this or this.  The first one is crazy and look so realistic and it would seem like it should be easy to follow the directions and add the appropriate mods, but I'm certain the author is running other mods effecting lighting and skin textures. 

I attempted to reproduce this preset and it's pretty sad - I mean not even the skin or hair color was the same with the preset, I tried to approximate it.  I finally got the neck and arm lines to blend better, but not even close to author's mod.

The presets without a NIF file never look even close to the example.  I still have no idea how using the preset slider bar relates to using it prior to hitting F9, maybe it was a throw back to a previous version of RACEMENU and you had to select a preset before hitting F9?  It does''t seem to matter if I rename a 12.slot file to 0.slot and  then follow the instructions - same result.

What I do know is the screen shot examples require some special lighting and cinema effects with ENB (which I tried) and proper setup just like real photography, but come on.  This can't be this hard!!  Is it?

Don't even get me start on the guy who made an amazing mod, didn't want to share it, charged for it and then threw a temper-tantrum (not sure about what - and don't care). 

At this point, I'm ready to pay someone to fly to my home and show me how to reproduce those amazing presets. 

Edited by Fonkin

They'll be using things like Face Light and some of the more demanding ENB's like Kountervibe in the main. Some of them anyway. (Though I see the Janessa preset uses Stakado Cinematic, which I'm unfamiliar with.)

I have to admit I'm not quite sure what the instruction to set the slider to slot whatever actually means.

However if you don't have EXACTLY the textures, weather mod, lighting and ENB they're using in the preset you'll only ever get close. Like you've said above, the ones that provide the headmesh do make a difference and get much closer. And in the example you have above I'd wager the head mesh is where the difference is.

Edited by Nozzer66

So for those who might find this thread in the future, I discovered a few things.

One of the biggest surprises for me is that RaceMenu (RM) presets look entirely different from their ECE counterparts.  The blocky sharp angles in the RM presets I've used are smooth and photo realistic with ECE.  From what I've read RM has taken the lead as the preferred mod and I'm not sure why as the mods I've found so far look better in ECE. 

Even things like selecting the same exact beard render differently from ECE to RM.  The hair even looks finer and smoother with ECE as compared to RM.

Yes, I find RaceMenu is easier to use with its cleaner UI, but I won't be spending a lot of time with either one once I get the preset I want.  Seems to me that I should just go with ECE over RM to attain the look I want.  Anyone know of any drawbacks?

Edited by Fonkin

Under the main MO installation you will find a folder named: mods. There are contained sub-folders for each mod you have installed, including one for RaceMenu.

You can simply create a new folder structure, if one does not exist, that includes the presets folder into which you may place your presets.

So where exactly do you find that? I looked in my MO folder and have no mods folder. I'm probably dumbarsing it, but can you explain?