Advanced Recon Patches (by darthbdaman)

I saw you had Advanced Recon in the guide, and thought this might be of interest. It's an update merged patch file for Advanced Recon and Detect Traps

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61517/?

It's merges most of Gopher's mod patches, adds some stuff he didn't do (PN Power Helmets), and adds TTW support for Vision effects and water breathing, and trap support. It's all scripted so it only requires Thermal Nightvision and Trap Detection.

I saw you had Advanced Recon in the guide, and thought this might be of interest. It's an update merged patch file for Advanced Recon and Detect Traps

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61517/?

It's merges most of Gopher's mod patches, adds some stuff he didn't do (PN Power Helmets), and adds TTW support for Vision effects and water breathing, and trap support. It's all scripted so it only requires Thermal Nightvision and Trap Detection.

I'm sure we'll find some use for it!

The Outcast Ranger Mask was intentionally left out of the PN vision modes because it lacks the camera/sensor on the right side of the helmet, which is the reason I didn't Spice of Life's Rogue Ranger helmets to any vision modes in my equipment pack either. It also lack the rebreather tube ADAM has added to the other helmets (visually). This is a preference though (i.e. consistency over gameplay) so you didn't do anything wrong per say, and the only reason ADAM has it excluded by default is because that's the way the mod was originally set up when I took over development. If you chose to keep it that way I'd love to have your permission to tweak the patch for my pack though.

Haven't been able to test anything yet, but I'm adding this to my setup fairly soon as I was planning on making a patch myself (which probably wouldn't have been as well implemented as I'm no good with scripts).  :^_^:

Edited by MonoAccipiter

I'll take it out then. I might keep the water breathing though.

Edit: I looked at the helmet again and just took all the effects out, it doesn't have any tubing for breathing, and the opening cutscene shows that they need the sensors to activate nightvision.

Edited by darthbdaman

Hey, darthbdaman!

Updated ADAM to 4.2 today, and if any of your patches were using some of the standalone plugins, there's a considerably high chance I might have broken them ever so slightly (in other words - completely).  :innocent:

I also noticed that your favorite game on the Nexus is KotOR 2, which is just ultra awesome. One of my dearest RPG experiences for sure (a Star Wars game that deconstructs Star Wars? What's not to love for a literature fanatic like me?)  ::D:

EDIT: For anyone worried, the complete plugin won't have broken anything in either case, so F&L users should be fine even without an update.

Edited by MonoAccipiter