Wet and Cold (by isoku)

JudgmentJay

Discussion thread:

Wet and Cold by isoku

Wiki Link

Another amazing mod by isoku. This mod adds alot of stuff...

• NPCs now react to rain and snow and will go indoors, just like Arthmoor's Run For Your Lives mod.
  • All NPCs except for beggers will put on fur hoods/gloves during cold weather.
  • Water drips from both the player and NPCs (animals included) while standing in rain/after swimming. You can even hear it dripping. The dripping will stop if you get under shelter.
  • You can see player and NPC (humanoids, giants, horses, dogs, and wolves included) breath in cold weather, both through the nose and the mouth when appropriate.
  • If you look up while it's raining you'll get blurry vision periodically from the raindrops.
  • Blizzards slows player and NPC movement speed by 15%. Wind volume also increased.
  • Blizzards will periodically blind both you and NPCs. You can avoid this by keeping your head down. This will of course make you harder to detect during a blizzard as well. This feature is disabled by default.

All I can say is... it's about time NPCs react realistically to weather.

As for compatibility, it looks like it's incompatible with killable children mods. Other than that it looks like it should be compatible with STEP.

Also, if you're using Frostfall you need to disable the drip effects in one of the two mods.

This is a great mod and would be a great addition to STEP. It's even better when used with Get Snowy as @Neovalen suggested in the Get Snowy thread. As for it not being compatible with Killable Children mod... I skipped that mod altogether during the STEP guide. Though it may add realism to the game, it just seems wrong in my personal opinion. My moral ethics getting the best of me I suppose.

This is a great mod and would be a great addition to STEP. It's even better when used with Get Snowy as @Neovalen suggested in the Get Snowy thread. As for it not being compatible with Killable Children mod... I skipped that mod altogether during the STEP guide. Though it may add realism to the game' date=' it just seems wrong in my personal opinion. My moral ethics getting the best of me I suppose.[/quote']

Well, i think it's not about moral ethics, but immersion: it's really anti-immersive when a dragon kills every folk in a town except the children.

This is a great mod and would be a great addition to STEP. It's even better when used with Get Snowy as @Neovalen suggested in the Get Snowy thread. As for it not being compatible with Killable Children mod... I skipped that mod altogether during the STEP guide. Though it may add realism to the game' date=' it just seems wrong in my personal opinion. My moral ethics getting the best of me I suppose.[/quote']

Well' date=' i think it's not about moral ethics, but immersion: it's really anti-immersive when a dragon kills every folk in a town except the children.[/quote']

Exactly, if it's against your morals to kill children... then... don't kill children...?

• 1 month later...

(Major) Version 1.10 is out

• Survival Items: NPCs found outside of villages and cities will have backpacks equipped. Fur backpacks are more likely to be equipped in colder regions than leather backpacks. NPCs wearing cloth have a 100% chance to equip backpacks while other NPCs (bandits, Thalmor, etc) have a 25% chance. If Frostfall is installed, traveling NPCs may also be equipped with miscellaneous craftable items from Frostfall. Leather backpacks courtesy of frankdema from Frankdema Travel Backpack, which will auto-adjust to fur cloaks to prevent clipping upon unequipping then equipping the backpack. Fur backpacks courtesy of TreasureChest, OG-Jay, tumbajamba, DVAted and Targaryen from Sabre Gear Backpack.
  • Snowy: Snow will accumulate on hair and armor during a blizzard. Moving near a heat source will cause the snow to melt away--even with dead bodies. Getting hit with a fire or lightning spell also works but only if the actor is alive. This effect will also appear over the whole body after swimming in a cold region. Creatures will not get snowy unless dead. If Get Snowy is installed, my snowy effect will be disabled.
  • Added cold gear support for all Winter Is Coming plugins. Use whichever you wish.
  • Added rain gear support for all Cloaks of Skyrim plugins. If CoS is installed, NPCs will sometimes equip cloaks in addition to hoods when it starts raining.
  • Added 3 fur cloak variations courtesy of lorelai2009 and Chesko. These do not require WIC to be installed but will be distributed along with WIC cloaks if WIC is installed.
  • Added cold effects support for Wyrmstooth locations.
  • Increased breath transparency.
  • Disabled breaths in all interiors and when near a heat source.
  • Larger breaths will now appear on attack swings, arrow releases and on magic casts.
  • Soul Cairn and Oblivion realms in general are no longer considered cold.
  • Drip effects are now more visible.
  • Follower settings will now apply to most followers.
  • Followers can now be configured individually. If a Wet and/or Cold Snowberry is given to a follower, he/she will not equip rain gear and/or cold gear. These snowberries can be created at cooking pots with regular snowberries.
  • Nords will now wear fur hoods regardless of time but will never wear cold gear in the tundra/marsh regions at night. This can be toggled in the Actors section of the options.
  • NPCs will now only equip fur hoods in the tundra/marsh regions at night. It's cold but not cold enough for the cloaks and gloves.
  • Hostile enemies should no longer target the sky if they can't target you while it's raining.
  • Fixed issue with invisible NPCs generating near or in your home. If you notice any, restart the mod through the options several times to remove them from your game.
  • Fixed decapitation issue with fur hoods. The one rain hood variant with this issue has had its mesh submitted to the USKP for 1.2.7.
  • Fixed followers from deleting cloaks or fur hoods you gave them.
  • Fixed issue where some interior worldspaces were considered exteriors.
  • Fixed breaths sometimes not dispelling if fast traveling in the tundra/marsh regions at night.
  • Fixed NPCs not going home during the day if bad weather started at night and lasted through the next day.
  • Fixed drip effects from rain sometimes not playing on you and nearby actors.
  • Fixed issue where NPCs got stuck with fur cloaks if they were using an idle marker. If you see an NPC stuck with a fur cloak just click on him/her in the console and type "resurrect".
  • Revamped MCM layout and updated script to work with all revisions of SkyUI.
  • Many small tweaks and fixes.
  • Major script and general performance optimizations.

(Major) Version 1.10 is out

• Snowy: Snow will accumulate on hair and armor during a blizzard. Moving near a heat source will cause the snow to melt away--even with dead bodies. Getting hit with a fire or lightning spell also works but only if the actor is alive. This effect will also appear over the whole body after swimming in a cold region. Creatures will not get snowy unless dead. If Get Snowy is installed, my snowy effect will be disabled.
This make me wonder if Get Snowy is even needed. I know Get Snowy also affects NPCs and animals.

I tested both around Bleak Falls Barrow. I still recommend Get Snowy because I couldn't seem to get any snow to stick to the player no matter how hard it was snowing. Interestingly, I couldn't see the players breath in this area either. Also tested around Windhelm...no go there either. None of the snowy features worked for me. The drips still work, but no breath. :)

Update: Started a new game and that brought the breath back. Snow only sticks in very heavy blizzards  (fw c8221) and only to clothes and hair (not face); whereas, Get Snow sticks in lighter snow too. The breath is also now more blackish in color instead of white (at least it was on my game). Still recommend using Get Snowy until these effects are ironed out.

Wet & Cold Snow  >>  Wet & Cold Snow  >>  Get Snowy Snow  >>  Get Snowy Snow

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Wet & Cold new breath  >>  Effect after getting out of water (face looks frozen...hard to see in shot, check it out in-game)

Posted Image Posted Image

*Shots are taken around Dawnstar

EDIT: Looks like the issues are pouring in over on the Wet & Cold thread on Nexus.