Wet and Cold (by isoku)

JudgmentJay

Has anyone else tested this and gotten the black looking breath? Isoku said no one else has reported this issue and that they are all set to pure white. He also said he didn't make the snow stick in lighter snowy weather because he thought light snow shouldn't stick your your armor. Don't know if I agree with that one, but okay. Just have to use Get Snowy to have that effect while also having the NPCs and animals snowy covered as well.

No' date=' white breath for me. Weren't you having issues with certain particle effects being black when using RCRN, techangel? Seems like this could be related.[/quote']

I'm running on vanilla right now.

Isoku, locked the comment thread because too many people of posting issue and he keeps claiming that he tested for over a month and others beta tested for a few weeks before release and no one reported problems. I can understand he needs detailed feedback but locking the thread? Come on! :rolleyes: Author's and their pride... Most software isn't ironed out until after it has been released to the masses for mass use and testing. It's then that most issues are found. Anyone that played/plays Star Wars: The Old Republic knows all to well the truth of this.

Has anyone else tested this and gotten the black looking breath? Isoku said no one else has reported this issue and that they are all set to pure white. He also said he didn't make the snow stick in lighter snowy weather because he thought light snow shouldn't stick your your armor. Don't know if I agree with that one' date=' but okay. Just have to use Get Snowy to have that effect while also having the NPCs and animals snowy covered as well.[/quote']

I had black breath, until I stopped using my optimized textures.... apparently it's another one of those black textures we need to add to the exclude list in DDSOpt. Trying to track it down, so far narrowed it to the "effects" folder. Wish there was an easier way...

Edit: Narrows to the "effects/gradients" folder... investigating.

Edit2: Affected file is "effects/gradients/gradsteamthin.dds".

Has anyone else tested this and gotten the black looking breath? Isoku said no one else has reported this issue and that they are all set to pure white. He also said he didn't make the snow stick in lighter snowy weather because he thought light snow shouldn't stick your your armor. Don't know if I agree with that one' date=' but okay. Just have to use Get Snowy to have that effect while also having the NPCs and animals snowy covered as well.[/quote']

I had black breath' date=' until I stopped using my optimized textures.... apparently it's another one of those black textures we need to add to the exclude list in DDSOpt. Trying to track it down, so far narrowed it to the "effects" folder. Wish there was an easier way...

Edit2: Affected file is "effects/gradients/gradsteamthin.dds".[/quote']

That was my thought as well. If you narrow it down don't forget to post it over in the DDSopt thread. This new version needs a lot of ironing out...

I had black breath' date=' until I stopped using my optimized textures.... apparently it's another one of those black textures we need to add to the exclude list in DDSOpt. Trying to track it down, so far narrowed it to the "effects" folder. Wish there was an easier way...

Edit2: Affected file is "effects/gradients/gradsteamthin.dds".[/quote']

That was my thought as well. If you narrow it down don't forget to post it over in the DDSopt thread. This new version needs a lot of ironing out...

The new version takes care of a lot of other worse things at the expense of some of the misbehaving textures. We simp0ly need to report them to Ethatron to be added to the INI exclusions.

Looks like Wet & Cold may well be OK, but it sounds like a clean save may be required if upgrading that one.

• 2 months later...

Like tech, I've been using it without any apparent problems. I've looked in Papyrus logs and it doesn't seem to be a frequent creator of log entries. It is in Noevalen's Skyrim Revisited list so many of those using mods from this list are also using it. What testing is needed?