Evolution of PC Gaming. What's your story?

TechAngel85

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mandalay: I think you're referring to Maniac Mansion? I'd heard of this game from friends with Commodore 64s, but it wasn't available for the Radio Shack Color Computer. I think the only LucasArts games available were Koronis Rift and Rescue on Fractalus. By the time I got a PC clone, Maniac Mansion wasn't generally available.

Anyone remember 5.25-inch flippy disks? Punch a second sector index hole using a hole punch, cut out an extra write-enable notch, and flip the disk cover to write on both sides using a single-sided drive.

@TechAngel: I just realized I'm really getting old because I just thought of CDs and DVDs as ancient technology, and then I remembered I was actually thinking of laser discs from the late '70s or early '80s. Now that you mention it, I haven't used a CD or a DVD in a long time either. I stopped buying and storing audio CDs a hundred years ago in favor of MP3s and I haven't purchased any DVDs since streaming became viable. I regained a ton of space when I dumped all my music CDs. I haven't quite gotten to the point of dumping my DVD collection, but I haven't touched them in at least a year or so.

Although completely unrelated, I haven't watched anything on cable/satellite in about 10 years.

@greg

Maniac Mansion yes ! i did replay this game a few monthes ago on a 486 DX that is still working 25 years after (with alittle trick for the bios)

and i now there is a now a adapterd version on a lmucasats compilation that can be played on modern pc.