85 replies to this topic

#76 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

Any update on the mod list setup utility?

I've been working on it.  I have everything working except to the actual setup of tools/mods (getting mod list information, displaying items to download, and tracking downloads).  I should have a beta within the next week or two.  :)

#77 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:18 PM

Trying to get Mod Analyzer to work with M02 - every time I analyze a mod I get a windows error saying we had to close the program.  Can't find any logs or anything, at least not in MA folder (in a utilities folder on my desktop) or SSE install directory.  Didn't want to create a report on Github cause I have the feeling this is a user-error type thing.  Soon as I can get it working, I will begin to analyze and submit mods for sure.

#78 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

Trying to get Mod Analyzer to work with M02 - every time I analyze a mod I get a windows error saying we had to close the program.  Can't find any logs or anything, at least not in MA folder (in a utilities folder on my desktop) or SSE install directory.  Didn't want to create a report on Github cause I have the feeling this is a user-error type thing.  Soon as I can get it working, I will begin to analyze and submit mods for sure.

Hey baronaatista,

Sorry to hear about that.  I've been using Mod Analyzer with MO2 to analyze SSE mods without issue, so I'm not sure what the cause could be.  At what point is the error occurring?  Does it happen when you open the program, when you select an archive to analyze, or later?  It's important for me to know exactly how far the program execution gets to isolate the error.

Regards,
- Mator

#79 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

I think I've figured it out - is it necessary for downloaded files to be attained through "download with manager" links?  I was having issues with .nxm associations so I have been using the manual download option.  Once I got that working, installed the mod and then attempted to analyze the archive everything seemed groovy.  

Of course that's not the end of my troubles though.  It is now telling me I don't have Skyrim.esm and Update.esm active?  Despite the fact that they are clearly present in my LO and my Data dir.  I have even archived said files and installed in M02, to no effect.

Don't mean to bother you, I'm sure this is all my own stupidity and I can probably figure it out tonight after work.

To be clear the error before was happening without ever seeing that 'add archives' screen - I would drop the archive in/navigate to it, nothing obvious would happen other than that my computer is clearly processing something... then a minute or two later crash and error.

* Yep I'm stupid.  Forgot to toggle back to Skyrim SE.  *sigh*

Edited by baronaatista, 18 February 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#80 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

Glad to hear you got it fixed.  :)

#81 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

I've got it all working now and somehow.... I'm sadder?  

Why wouldn't Chesko want his mods on the site?

#82 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

I've got it all working now and somehow.... I'm sadder?  

Why wouldn't Chesko want his mods on the site?

I can't really present Chesko's perspective without breaching privacy or potentially misrepresenting his views.  Please contact Chesko directly.

#83 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

Yeah I wasn't really looking for an answer there, and I did.

#84 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

So... I'm probably just stupid again.  But I can't understand whats going on - certain files seem to process okay with MA but others result in crashing.  I succesfully analyzed Campfire yesterday so I thought it was all good.  Yet every other file I've tried so far - Verdant, Alternate Start, WICO, HideUI result in crashing, with no log that I can see anywhere.  

All mods are installed and active in my LO, and I'm selecting the archives from my MO downloads folder (in Appdata).  I'm also running MA from MO of course.

Campfire and Frostfall both trigger a  'review the archives' screen where I can add archives or just analyze - everything seems groovy.

All other files do not bring up said screen, nothing noticeable happens, and if I wait or click on the MA window it says 'Not Responding' and after a short while force-closes the program.

Campfire and Frostfall are both .zip files?  Everything else is .7zip or .rar... ?  I have the 7zip utility though...

Really don't want to be bothering you, but I see a lot of potential in Mod Picker and I'd really love to contribute if I can.  Apologies for foolishness.

#85 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

Hey baronaatista,

No need to apologize, let's see if we can figure out what's going on!  :)

When a file selection is made in the program the following occurs:

1. We iterate over the selected files and construct a list of file paths where the selected file's extensions ends with .zip, .7z, or .rar.
  2. If there were no .zip, .7z or .rar files selected nothing happens.
  3. We switch to the Classify Archives screen.
  4. We open the archive for reading with SharpCompress.  If Mod Analyzer does not have read permissions for the archive file or another application is using the archive, this may lead to a failure like what you have experienced.
  5. We attempt to determine whether the selected archives are installers (FOMOD/BAIN) by analyzing the paths of the files contained in them.
  6. We display the classify archives screen.

Based on this, I'm pretty sure the error must be happening because Mod Analyzer isn't able to read the files from your Downloads folder.  This could be happening because:

• Your Antivirus is interfering.  Try disabling it or adding an exception.
  • Mod Analyzer has insufficient privileges.  Try taking ownership of the folder/unsetting read only.  You can also try setting Mod Analyzer to "Run as administrator".
  • Mod Organizer or another program has locked the archive file, so Mod Analyzer cannot read it.  Make sure no other program is using the archive file.  You can also try moving it to a different directory.

I hope this helps!

- Mator

Edited by Mator, 19 February 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#86 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:41 AM

We just pushed a big update to the Mod Picker platform. The update includes related mod notes, the mod details tab, mod licensing, help videos, and various UX improvements. Read more:

Cheerio,
- Mator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users