109 replies to this topic

#91 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:01 AM

1. Small feature request: Download the plugin list/load order list as a plugins.txt file

2. I'm trying to add the plugin SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp from Static Mesh Improvement Mod to my plugin list by checking one of the boxes in the details section of the mod but it doesn't appear in the plugin list. Any idea why? The analysis doesn't contain all the options from the installer, it may need to be updated which i will check when I get home.

1. We have that.  It's on the Details tab.

wwcM3.png

2. It could be several things.  Send me the link to your mod list and I'll troubleshoot.

Edited by Mator, 28 June 2017 - 02:02 AM.

#92 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

1. We have that.  It's on the Details tab.

wwcM3.png

2. It could be several things.  Send me the link to your mod list and I'll troubleshoot.

1. Thanks, just found it :) simple but great feature

2. Here you go: https://modpicker.co...ts/2552/details

#93 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

An issue, at least for me, that may be related is that mod options from the mod details screen aren't always saved. For me they seem to revert to their default selection.

#94 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

Me again, it seems that custom plugins that you create in the plugins tab aren't included in the exported plugins.txt?

#95 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

1. Thanks, just found it :) simple but great feature

2. Here you go: https://modpicker.co...ts/2552/details

Will check out the mod list in a bit.

EDIT: Didn't run into any issues enabling mod options, and the SMIM merged plugin was already in the plugins list.

Me again, it seems that custom plugins that you create in the plugins tab aren't included in the exported plugins.txt?

That's possible.  I'll take a look and see if I can fix that.

Edited by Mator, 06 July 2017 - 10:50 PM.

#96 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:39 AM

Will check out the mod list in a bit.

EDIT: Didn't run into any issues enabling mod options, and the SMIM merged plugin was already in the plugins list.

I finally got it working when I discovered that after the mod mods plugins are selected in the mod details view, they also has to be added in the manage plugins view from the plugins tab.

Another issue, which might be by design rather than an issue; Plugins that are set as default in the analysis are not deselectable. Or rather, they are deselectable but when the mod details tab is closed and reopened the default plugin is selected again. My interpretation of setting a plugin as default in the analysis is that it is just the default selection rather than a requirement for the mod.

Edited by dreadflopp, 07 July 2017 - 02:39 AM.

#97 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

I finally got it working when I discovered that after the mod mods plugins are selected in the mod details view, they also has to be added in the manage plugins view from the plugins tab.

Another issue, which might be by design rather than an issue; Plugins that are set as default in the analysis are not deselectable. Or rather, they are deselectable but when the mod details tab is closed and reopened the default plugin is selected again. My interpretation of setting a plugin as default in the analysis is that it is just the default selection rather than a requirement for the mod.

That sounds like a bug, I'm looking into it.  I've been able to recreate it, so I should be able to fix it soon.

EDIT: Fixed.

Edited by Mator, 07 July 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#98 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

That sounds like a bug, I'm looking into it.  I've been able to recreate it, so I should be able to fix it soon.

EDIT: Fixed.

Great, you are fast!

#99 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

Great, you are fast!

I pride myself on resolving bugs quickly.  Please keep reporting them and I will keep fixing them! :)

#100 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

I am unable to add http://www.nexusmods...on/mods/2829/?

to modpicker, it says it is hidden by author or staff, but it is not.

#101 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

I am unable to add http://www.nexusmods...on/mods/2829/?

to modpicker, it says it is hidden by author or staff, but it is not.

Elianora opted out of Mod Picker.

#102 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Elianora opted out of Mod Picker.

I see too bad, I was confused by the error message.

(the "liking" of your post was unintentional, Tapatalk is strange sometimes)

#103 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

I see too bad, I was confused by the error message.

(the "liking" of your post was unintentional, Tapatalk is strange sometimes)

The error message is accurate.  The mod was uploaded to Mod Picker prior to her opt out, which caused it to be hidden.

#104 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

The error message is accurate. The mod was uploaded to Mod Picker prior to her opt out, which caused it to be hidden.

Ok, that makes sense.

#105 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Having just done the initial update of the REGS guide, I have some questions about Mod Picker.; some of these might be about features that wouldn't be implemented or considered for a long time. They might have been answered previously; I did read all the posts but I could have missed something.

1. Different packs may need different installed versions of a mod. Since all of the mods are in MO I usually add a pack name at the end of the mod name (e.g., " - STEP") to indicate which version it is. Does Mod Picker support this or some other (and perhaps better) way to have different versions of a mod or is it at least indifferent to it?

2. I saw comments about creating Fomods. I was wondering how these would be created? Will there be a tool with UI input that allows creating or editing of Fomods; as one example supporting  an "install for the xxx pack" option?

3. When installing mods that include portions that will be merged (usually patch plugins but sometimes also resources) the installation might need to be different than the standard install if the patch plugins need to be put into a separate mod. Merge Plugins supports copying resources, but it doesn't seem to support making this selective by plugin. Often a patch plugin that will be merged is part of an overall mod that includes multiple plugins and resources, but typically only the patch plugins are merged. The merge in the REGS guide for "Interesting NPCs" is an example of this. It includes some patch plugins and a mod with both plugins and resources. The patch plugins were in most cases initially located along with the rest of a mod.

4. Dreadfloop gave an example of edits to "Relighting Skyrim" for using xEdit to edit a source plugin vs. creating a patch that included only vanilla records to override onea in RS. With location mods it isn't an either/or situation. There are several examples in the REGS guide of using xEdit to remove sets of records associated with a particular location. I am not aware of any other relatively straightforward way to do this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

drudkh