A few questions

So, I'm a little lost....

Do I install everything in the EXACT order that they are listed on the guide? Oftentimes when I try to set these mods up, they don't work...is there any way someone can work with me through the guide to make sure I'm doing everything correctly?

Thanks for your help guys.

First time it's a good idea to install everything exactly as instructed in the guide. Eventually, when you become more familiar with the process you can add and remove mods from your setup, within some limits, but if you're not all that experienced it's much easier to offer help when you've followed the guide every step of the way.

When using MO it doesn't really matter all that much if you made a mistake at the beginning or the end of the guide, because you can go back and alter whatever you did wrong. So there's no need to worry about that yet.

I'm a little lost at the MO step especially. You say to add the 4GB .exe but that's a few mods away...so should I install it at that step? OR when it's listed? Sorry for asking silly questions.

EDIT: In the MO setup section, the instructions for Merge Plugins, step 2 reads 

1. Nest to the Arguments test field, typr "-profile FalloutNVProfile", with quotations.

Do I leave them or no?

Edited by Skarrux156

Sorry for nitpicking. I just know that some people, like myself, tend to confuse themselves easily. I don't want others running into the same issues I have, heh.

Also, at the point in the guide where you install UiO, you recommend to start up fallout NV to see if it works. Well, I'm getting a black screen followed by a crash, so I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. At that point do I follow the post installation checklist? EDIT: I have been doing post install instructions, and I'm currently generating bash tags. However a good number of mods have had no need to save apparently...is this normal?

Edited by Skarrux156

Sorry for nitpicking. I just know that some people, like myself, tend to confuse themselves easily. I don't want others running into the same issues I have, heh.

Also, at the point in the guide where you install UiO, you recommend to start up fallout NV to see if it works. Well, I'm getting a black screen followed by a crash, so I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. At that point do I follow the post installation checklist? EDIT: I have been doing post install instructions, and I'm currently generating bash tags. However a good number of mods have had no need to save apparently...is this normal?

Crash sound like wrong load order or missing master. Did you sort load order once with LOOT?

Regarding bash tags, that is normal.

This may be a foolish question, but I didn't see it addressed elsewhere in a quick perusal of the forum, or in the guide itself (I very well could have missed it):

As I am going through the guide, occasionally an .esp in listed in the right pane and it is NOT automatically have a tick mark (WMX-DLC merged.esp, for example).  Should I be ticking those on myself, or are these mods being otherwise activated through the "merge" process when installing the mod in question (WMX, in this particular case)?  If so, does ticking those mods on cause a problem?

This may be a foolish question, but I didn't see it addressed elsewhere in a quick perusal of the forum, or in the guide itself (I very well could have missed it):

As I am going through the guide, occasionally an .esp in listed in the right pane and it is NOT automatically have a tick mark (WMX-DLC merged.esp, for example).  Should I be ticking those on myself, or are these mods being otherwise activated through the "merge" process when installing the mod in question (WMX, in this particular case)?  If so, does ticking those mods on cause a problem?

This is a good question. You need to tick all the esp in the right pane while installing mods. Some esp will be instructed to move to Optional ESPs after merging. Some esp will be merged in to Bashed Patch at the end which will be unticked automatically by Wyre Flash. 

Edited by darkside