Photo

Issues with BOSS 2.3.2 and Mod Organizer

Best Answer GrantSP , 26 March 2016 - 01:49 AM

You're trying to run the 64bit version. Uninstall that and install the 32bit version or if you installed the *.zip version just point MO to the 32bit release version.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nescit

Nescit

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:40 AM

Generally, as the title says - upon upgrading to BOSS 2.3.2 from 2.3.0 (uninstalling the latter, and installing the former) and trying to run it through MO, I got a 'failed to inject dll' message. Uninstalling again, and restoring the previous version, it again works as before (meaning that installing 'on top of MO' shouldn't be causing the issue, and I have them installed in separate directories anyway).

Would anyone else have encountered similar problems, or would this be a case of me only? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Nescit, 26 March 2016 - 01:46 AM.

#2 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:49 AM   Best Answer

You're trying to run the 64bit version. Uninstall that and install the 32bit version or if you installed the *.zip version just point MO to the 32bit release version.

#3 Nescit

Nescit

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:00 AM

This, I think, should break the record for fastest reply I have received on a forum... ::):

64- and 32-bit versions of, I assume, BOSS, and not MO?

Edited by Nescit, 26 March 2016 - 02:01 AM.

#4 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:18 AM

Yes, BOSS. The full error message you saw should have something along those lines in addition to the "failed to inject dll".

#5 Nescit

Nescit

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:30 AM

I believe there was something in this sense, yes.

This is where to get it from, then?

(I think I used the installer version, but I am not sure if there were two different ones regarding bits).

#6 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

That's where to get it! :;):

It would appear the installer version just checks the OS of the machine it is installing onto and chooses the matching version for that system. ie. you are running a 64bit version of Windows and it installs the 64bit version of BOSS. However as MO 1.3.x does not handle 64bit programmes the error message will show.

Just grab the archive version and extract it to a folder anywhere on your machine and add the 32bit version to MO's applications list.

Question: Is LOOT not able to sort your Oblivion game? I've used LOOT exclusively for some time on all my games now and haven't seen the need to resort to BOSS. Any minor inconsistencies can easily be fixed by editing metadata rules or just manually adjusting plugins.

#7 Nescit

Nescit

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

I see, thanks for replying. ::):

The zipped version should be like a portable, then, as in it just needs to be unpacked and can be run from wherever it is? (By the way, I also use BOSS Userlist Manager, but I don't imagine this should be a problem?)

Re LOOT: I remember I used the 'integrated' sorting tool that is included with MO first - which, I believe, is a 'LOOT Light' of sorts - but I think it rearranged the plugins quite a bit, and I am not sure what exactly the issue was, but I remember also I moved to BOSS for some reason. Perhaps at some point I should give LOOT another try.

#8 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

Yup... a portable application can be unzipped and run from anywhere you want.

#9 Nescit

Nescit

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:28 PM

Thank you very much, you have been very helpful. ::):

#10 lilviss

lilviss

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

Hey guys, I cant find the 32 bit file you're talking about in any of the files on the site
Please help
@GrantSP

#11 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:30 AM

Download boss.zip from here. Extract boss.zip to somewhere on your hard drive and setup Mod Organizer to launch bin\Release-32\boss-gui.exe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users