STEP Core patch, ELE & TES5Edit error

varulv

Hello,

fell in love with Tetrachromatic ENB recently and being a core patch user - I also have ELE, and that messes with the interiors in ways that I don't like when combined with Tetra. I want to remove the dependency for ELE from the core patch, even though I have no idea how, wonder if JUST removing the dependency will do, or I will have to edit further. Anyway, the thing is, I can't even try, when I tick STEP core in tes5edit to open it, I receive an error and editing is disabled. Hopefully this isn't too much of a stupid question and I'm not missing something. :/

update, lol: JUST opened the patch again and no error this time, all I did was restart my PC.. very odd. So I guess my only question right now is what it would take to remove the dependency. Going to manually check all the ELE records and see where STEP core is mentioned, so far nothing under cell. I suspect that worldspace is where the records needed are. Hopefully this is the right way to go about doing something like this. Found cell records, but there are subrecords for some other patch, so by deleting the ELE record I'm deleting those as well... guess it's not possible?

Edited by varulv

There is a non-ELE patch already available in the STEP Compilation. Just uninstall ELE and run the STEP Compilation installer.

And just like that a savior appears, TechAngel!!!!! Thank you, got tired of bashing my head trying to do this. :D