Dragonborn Sanctuary by TechAngel85
First and foremost, Dragonborn Sanctuary is a WIP...and when I mean WIP, I mean extremely early stage of development!
I have my own mod, Jaggarsfeld Extended, which fixes up the player home, Jaggarsfeld, but it is not 100% my original work. Jaggarsfeld Extended was my introduction to being a mod author by fixing up a broken mod which I love dearly. However, the authors of that mod are MIA and I've done what I could with what I had to work with. Therefore, I'm considering Jaggarsfeld Extended, more or less, final with all the major work and fixes complete. Now I'm left with wanting more...hence, Dragonborn Sanctuary.
Dragonborn Sanctuary will be my original work and will have everything I (and hopefully others) want in a player home. A disclaimer is in order, though. I am doing all the work myself, however; I'm pulling a great deal of inspiration from my two favorite player homes: Dragon Cliff Manor and Jaggarsfeld. As such, Dragonborn Sanctuary will be a bit of a mashup between these two great homes with my own personal touches on top.
Dragonborn Sanctuary Summary
Set in an entirely new worldspace large enough to explore, Dragonborn Sanctuary is coming soon...eventually...hopefully... ...
A unique storyline to gain access to the sanctuary will accompany it because I don't like just walking in and staking my claim.
Dragonborn Sanctuary Features
I'll fill this out more as the mod develops...
Player Home (Manor)
This thing is huge! It extends into two cells!
The exterior is basically a copy of Dragonsreach because I like the art style, but with added personal details (like in Dragon Cliff Manor)
More coming soon...
All the Exterior Necessities
- Displays for all the armors and weapons in the game. (Become a hoarder!)
- Displays for all the unique items
Unique Landscape to Explore
- Small Lake
Current Development Progress
So why am I posting this if it's so early in development? Because I want feedback from the community every step of the way! Post your thoughts and suggestions! I believe modding is all about community and I want this to be as much as a "community project" as it is my own personal project. I'll be doing all the leg work, but feedback from that the community provides will be invaluable to the development and success of this mod!
- Each of the squares equals one game cell. The worldspace will not likely fill every cell represented, but I'll update this layout as progress is made.
- The orange...ish color is the landscape which has currently been developed (meaning it's not flat, blank land).
- The legend is in the bottom right corner for each marked location.
- Each location has the X,Y coordinates listed with it.
Latest Development File: https://mega.nz/#!Mt...tg67zDHOfdFZgRA
Use the file above for testing and feedback. Simply install it with MO, active the mod, and start up Skyrim. From the main menu type in one of the following for the locations:
- "coc DragonbornManorExt". You will load into the exterior cell outside the manor.
- "coc DragonbornSanctuaryEnt". You will load into Tamriel, just outside the cave entrance.
April 3rd, 2016
- Fleshed out landscape around the manor; one cell out (grass is not final)
- Changed the name of the cell from DragonbornManor to DragonbornManorExt (proper naming convention)
- Fixed some seam issues (I've check in nifskope and the rest are issues with the meshes...you can actually see the gaps in the mesh...Brumbek come back to Skryim!)
- Lowered the back part of the manor a bit in preparation of interior design
- Fixed height of the side patio
- Added border around the front exterior area with entrance way
- Created interior cell in preparation for interior design
- Created exterior entrance in Tamriel (when you enter, you'll land just outside the manor for now. This is not final)
- Created stables (location not set in stone)
March 29th, 2016
Worldspace created and exterior of home built.