50 replies to this topic

#16 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:15 AM

I've been working a little more today. I have those seams fixed and have developed the land around the manor, one cell out. I still haven't decided what sort of land I want this to be...pine forest with green grass, tundra, or fall forest like the Rift. Regardless, it'll be a lot of open space with "spots of interest".

that might depend on where you plan to place the enterance to the Sanctuary IE if your in the Rift and surround by trees you don't want it to suddenly go all l snowy.

#17 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

I have an idea of where I want it placed. I just need to check that location out ingame.

#18 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

So I've been running around the parameter of the map and there really aren't any "convenient" locations to place the entrance. I have found several like the ones below in the image. The circles are the possible locations. The X is absolutely a "no-go" to alter or put a path to the locations due to there being something in the way that I can't alter. I don't want to go crazy and alter a lot in the Tamriel worldspace. The entrance I have in mind is a large cave entrance where you "automatically" appear on the other side in a narrow corridor, very similar to Fort Dawnguard's entrance. This keeps it immersive and allows horses to pass. Any suggests for locations are very much welcomed. I would like to keep it in the Rift, if at all possible, due to design aesthetics; however, I'm open for more possibilities as I've found a few locations in Falkreath and The Reach as well.

oCd1H5Y.jpg

#19 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:37 PM

Actually... I've done some more scouting and have found two very good locations. Both are located a short distance from roads where a carriage could be placed and both are a bit out of the way from where users would normally explore (which was the idea).

This first one below is probably my preferred location out of the two since it's in the Rift and will flow with my design ideas better. The landscape is also already nearly ideal. I will have to do very little editing to the Tamriel worldspace. The only thing about this location is that there is a frost troll nearby...which kinda adds to the remoteness. :^_^:

ihUg61o.jpg

This second location is south of Helgen located even closer to a main road. It would certainly work, but I would have to do more landscaping than the first and don't think the location is as convincing.

uiNDggg.jpg

#20 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• STEP Staff
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:44 PM

Very Dawnguardian of you. :;):

#21 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:50 PM

I say go with what works with your design ideas. there just need to a way to and from it easily and qucikly.

#22 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:09 PM

I think I'm settled on the first location in the Rift. It makes more sense to me. I'll see about getting the exterior entrance started today.

#23 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

Would we be able to fight the frost troll multiple times due to cell reloads or just the once?

#24 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

Would we be able to fight the frost troll multiple times due to cell reloads or just the once?

I'll probably set it to not respawn, if it's not already, so it'll just be a one time fight.

#25 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

I'll probably set it to not respawn, if it's not already, so it'll just be a one time fight.

good having to deal with a frost troll everytime you return home will become annoying.

#26 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

Entrance is complete! I moved it down the mountain a bit to a better location. This prevents be from having to edit the troll. This tool hours...I have a lot more respect for mod authors now. Some of this stuff looks like simple changes, but that's not always the case. Especially when dealing with landscaping. Making it look good and flow naturally is not always easy to do.

Before  >>  After
FGdKz5y.jpgz36U84t.jpg

#27 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:05 PM

Updated OP with changes. New file is up for testing.

#28 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:42 AM

took a look I like the location and it's fairly close to the Dawnguard Fort and if your using something Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled like am there a cartridge just out the enterance tunnel to Fort Dawngaurd so nice a conveinet there.

I know the mod is still in very early stages but the thing I find odd is that you go from a snowy mountain area to green fields.

#29 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

Well the idea is that you're traveling through a cave system to the other side of the mountain. I haven't decided if I'm actually going to make the cave or not. If I do, it'll have to be an "open world" cave large enough for horses to travel through unless there are cave pieces in the CK that are large enough. I haven't looked into it yet.

Either way, the exit place isn't final. It's just where I put out for the time being for testing. That grass will be changed too. If you're using SFO you'll get nothing but lupin fields which is kinda annoying because that choice is the closest to regular grass in the original game.

#30 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

some quick Screenshots and throughts from Sobek.

Enterance to Dragonborn Sanctuary (Sobek is wondering why there is a rock where there should be a black hole?)

http://www.mediafire...7_53_34_08.jpg#

The House (Epic)

http://www.mediafire...7_54_01_75.jpg#

Sobek Looking happy

http://www.mediafire...7_54_27_38.jpg#

Sofia Looking happy too

http://www.mediafire...7_56_14_42.jpg#

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, player home, new land

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users