50 replies to this topic

#46 Mandalay

Mandalay

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:48 AM

once the cultivation by man is gone, the generic vegetation will take over and only pockets of the previous may linger if seeds, pollen, etc. can't blow-in and take hold.

Nothing exists in isolation. Your worldspace must touch upon those close by so they will influence.

So if in the lore you are creating about this place, no one is occupying this place when the dragonborn arrives, flora could be more chaotic

#47 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:34 AM

this just a thought since you're saying the sancutary hasn't been occpuied in a while, maybe a system simliar to Morskem Estate where you have to clean it up and do renovations on the house. personally i've alway enjoy those type of house mods more the here a house now it's yours. I've actually always through vanillia Hearthfire it was alright but badly implemented.

#48 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

I'm trying to keep it as script-free as possible. There will be a few ideas I have which could require scripts, but I think most of them will be covered by vanilla. The most scripts I'll likely add is General Stores, but it's hard to say this will remain true throughout development because we're still very early in the dev....pre-alpha.

I would like to create a system that will automatically grab your inventory items while smithing so that you wouldn't have to have the item on your person. Exactly like Jaggarsfeld had before I changed it over to General Stores. Problem is my scripting skill level is currently at 0. :^_^: I may recruit someone for this or just learn it myself. I'll probably use Jaggarsfeld to experiment on though and not this mod.

#49 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

Well, I've finalized the location of the stables and fleshed out an addition cell in all directions for the landscape. I'll have to get creative with the landscape and I am thinking about Darth_mathias's idea of a snowy area transitioning into a more fertile plains. This location will be surrounded by mountains so it would make sense. I've been looking at pictures and this is quite common in our world and even more so in Elder Scrolls. This is probably what I will do.

#50 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:50 PM

Updated the OP with a bit of a tease. I'll be updating a layout of the worldspace to help users visualize the size and development as progress is made. The map already shows more progress than what is provided in the current dev file.

#51 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that this hasn't gone cold. There's not much to update on since I haven't worked on it much and the work I have done has simply been to flesh out some more landscape. The next update I'll post will likely be a little while since I really need to get the landscape completed before I can really start focusing on other things within the mod (and I'm finding landscape is rather boring so it's taking some willpower to get it done). I started making some of the mountains yesterday to get a feel for the distance and size of the valley. This is going to be one of the complaints with the mod...that the manor is a full 10 cells away from the cave exit (entrance into the DBSan worldspace). It will take about 2 to 3 mins to walk that distance. Running being faster. I do plan to include the ability to fast travel, though, so that should negate most of the issues with the distance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, player home, new land

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users