Plasma Defender sound

When I fire the Plasma Defender it switches back and forth between a loud sound and a quiet sound.  As far as I can tell, the quiet one is wpn_plasmadefender_fire_3d_dist_01 included in the improved sounds mod. I followed the guide pretty closely, but I used Nexus Mod Manager like a scrub.  Any help would be appreciated. 

It's probably because EVE wants to change the sounds it uses, but since you use NMM and I assume, by extension, don't have a Bashed Patch, EVE's sounds will be overwritten by WMX. This guide kinda needs you to use MO and Wrye Flash to get it all working together, as a bare minimum.

• +1 1

Ok. Thanks for the reply.  I did follow the guide for creating the bashed patch, and wrye flash had instrcutions for using the bashed patch with NMM, but I don't know enough to say whether that still causes problems or not.  In any case, thats the only real problem I've noticed so I'm not going to worry about it unless I encounter something more gamebreaking. Thanks for the help, and for all your work on the guide. 

Okey, as far as I know the Bashed Patch should have copied over EVE's records and should be using its sounds, but the way WF chooses what to include in the patch depends on the bashed tags applied to mods, which is why we recommend you tag every plugin in FNVEdit with the Generate Bashed Tags script.

• +1 1

I definitely used the generate bashed tags script. On every mod individually too, although it's possible I missed one I guess. Please don't feel the need to devote too much energy to this. I have no idea what compelled me to stick with NMM, but it was what I was familiar with.  Halfway through the guide I realized I should've  just used MO, but I decided to see it through.  Is there somwhere specific I could look in FNVedit just to verify what's going on?  If I look at the listing for Plasma Defender under weapons and then under  Sound - Gun, the bashed patch seems to be using the entries from EVE FNV -All DLC.esp and overwriting the WeaponModsExpanded.esp.  I will freely admit I have only the vaguest idea of what I'm looking at though.