TES5Edit changes not taking effect ingame with merged plugin

VirtuousParagon

Question

Greetings everyone,

I had a question about creating a merged plugin and then opening said merged plugin in TES5edit to make some changes. I created a "Creatures - Merged.esp" which basically merged about half a dozen animal/creature mods together. 83Willows 101BugsHD Butterfly Dragonfly Luna-Moth Torchbug, Clamsdroppearls, Convenient horses, horses gone wild, giant mammoths, ORM - Arvak, and Bellyache's New Dragon Species. They all work together great ingame (except the mammoths aren't giant but that's not a huge deal) but I wanted to edit some values for some of the new dragons because the "weakest" dragon I felt was ridiculously strong.

So I load Creatures - Merged.esp in TES5edit and go under Non Player Character(Actor), scroll down until I see the Ruddy Aspfang dragon, and I lower its health to about half the original value. I save the plugin and then load up the game but the dragon doesn't go down any easier. This is the only mod that I have in my load order that affects any dragons, animals, or creatures. It's also very low in my load order to there shouldn't be anything overriding the changes.

Any ideas why custom edits in a merged plugin don't take effect ingame?

Thanks

EDIT: I also loaded my entire load order in TES5Edit to actually see if there were any mods overriding my custom health value and there are no conflicts with Ruddy Aspfang. It's not a winner or a loser. So shouldn't the health change work?

Edited by VirtuousParagon

2 answers to this question

Hi VirtuousParagon,

I have never tried changing the health of a creature that already spawned ingame, so I don't know how the game actually handles it.  It may be that you changing the health and then loading the save game caused the dragon to just have its maximum health reduced, but its current health remain where it was in the save game.

A merged plugin is just a plugin like any other plugin is a plugin.  That is to say, the fact that this plugin is a merge isn't relevant to the problem you're having.

Regards,

-Mator