As of V0.4 the pack has pretty much stabilized (papyrus logs are starting to calm down). Currently I anticipate minor changes such as repositioning mods for compatibility or adding any missing patches, but I'm not adding any new mods at the moment. Do note that some of these repositionings do require a new game because of different scripts. I wouldn't try starting a full play through, but it is safe to install the current set up and then debug any crashes/bugs.

I'm making notes and will post the changes I make. Any problems you find I will make note of and add to the pack as well.

Updating notes for version V0.4 --> V0.5

I'll post the items I've found here first, then, make the update all at once.  (so the current wiki version is V0.4.  once this round of changes are grouped together, the update will be done as a batch so others can follow along.) 

Edit: Basically, all I'm doing is reading the Nexus mod page instructions really carefully right now.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NARC: 

the web page has instructions for setting up the custom NARC patch, basically moving changes to animals from other mods into NARC so those animals don't report crimes.  This is surprisingly easy to do, not nearly as scary as it sounds.  Anybody who has made it this far in Skyrim modding will have no problem doing this. 

Have to wait until everything is installed before doing the NARC patching

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clothing and Clutter Fixes 

Installation page notes that this mod should be close to the top of load order, loaded AFTER Weapons & Armor Fixes, but BEFORE Complete Crafting Overhaul.  This change involves several scripts between the mods.  

Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade

• Redundant esp's to disable (due to KFR - Kryptopy's Fixes Remade)
    • Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp
    • Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

Enhanced Lights and FX

ELFX is supposed to be loaded after SMIM

Not using the ELFX exteriors modual. 

KFR Install Instructions (didn't write any)

as far as I can tell, either use the default install, or you can pick custom and then choose whether to use the new Heavy Stormcloaks armor. 

SkyMills 

Make (install) notes to reinstall SkyMills with the patches selected. 

better instructions: 

• Installed DLC?
    • Dawnguard: Yes
    • Dragonborn: Yes
    • Falskaar: Yes
    • Wyrmstooth: Yess
  • Check your selection
    • All of them!
  • LOD mod compatibility
    • I don't use these mods
  • Optional Small Waterfalls
    • None
  • Optional Patches
    • None
  • Windmill sail Size
    • 1.5x vanila (default)
  • Select your Water mod
    • Realistic Water Two (Default) 

Brawl Bugs Patch (STEP

Because the pack uses the no script version of Enhanced Blood Textures, this would lead me to expect that the Brawl bugs patch (listed in STEP Extended) should now be used (it notes that STEP Extended users don't need it if they install EBT,  so I expect people not to have it. 

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul

Uninstalling this mod or now due to CTD.  Want to find a way to make ICAIO work properly with the mod pack.  WIP

need to fix up the install instructions (ie no ELFX_E selection) 

whats up with the Provincial courier service selection?

• Main Part
    • Core
  • Cutting Room Floor
    • None
  • Enhanced Lighting for ENB
    • Patch for ELE_Legendary
  • Open Cities Skyrim
    • Patch OCS

Reinstall the STEP Compilation Installer

Making note to the STEP patch, when installed without ICAIO, it gives you the option to install the no ICAIO patch.  

Making note to the Dual Sheath mod MCM menu.  

Continuously looping Sheath/Unsheathe animaitons

Uncheck the option in the Dual Sheath MCM menu for sheilds on back for NPC's

Make a note on the DynDOLOD,

• Set output path to DynDOLOD Output
    • Ie don't output to the same place as the textures.7z was created. 

Posting the custom patches for testing. These will eventually be combined into one esp. 

Edit May 14

Added note to Forgotten Magic listing it as optional.  

- the spells added by the mod can be quite overpowered, such as a conjured sword that fights on its own, lasting for 90+ seconds, and being cheaper than a ghost wolf which lasts for 15 seconds.  

- Some time I would like to make a patch to bring it inline with Requiem, but thats 39 spells that I would have to study closely, and I don't know if a simple TES5Edit patch is enough. 

Otherwise Forgotten Magic works just fine. 

Edit May 21

Book covers Skyrim patches are on their own page now.  Updating link. 

Skyrim Sewers patch does not install properly.  Required to manually install to get the esp. 

Wonders of Weather.  Suggesting Performance mode, to reduce script loading and help prevent script related CTD's.  

Forgot one: 

Civil war repairs may cause CTD or other glitchyness.  There is a console command that apparently can restore the effected cities.  It will be some time before I reach this, so for now I would suggest not installing it.  

Edited by Mr_Moal

Just a heads up about the NARC Section. You can't make the merge patch until Requiem is in the load order. At least that was the case for me. I had to go forward install it and go back to the section.

EDIT: Even though you did mention follow the patch section for it. Still didn't work for me. Also I don't know if it's because i'm tired or something but the creating of a merged patch is a nightmare.

EDIT 2: What exactly is it you want done us to do under the Conflicting Graphics part? Uninstall? Reinstall?

Edited by HatchetWarrior

Currently, I've been trying to track down a CTD that occurs in whiterun.  It wasn't happening earlier, and going back to an earlier MO profile doesn't seem to help.  

I suspect something with iNeed, but my testing has been inconsistent. i started a character in solitude, set up all MCM menu settings, and traveled to Whiterun.  game crashes after spending 10 or so minutes in Whiterun.  I tried the same thing, this time with no MCM menu settups, and I couldn't get it to crash (40min +).  Setting up a few MCM settings at a time and repeating the test, eventually it seems that when I set up iNeed, then the CTD occurs.   but if I don't, then no problem.   But it also crashes if I skip iNeed, so don't get whats up with that.  the nexus page for iNeed states that it is able to handle the various mods without problems or a custom patch. 

I suspect with Civil War Repairs.  I have disabled it for now.  on the nexus page posts, it seems that there are other people getting problems too. 

I have yet to find a satisfactory solution to the problem with the CTD after turning on the iNeed settings.  Nothing in the papyrus logs seem to help.  

One other thought I have is that either a mod has some internal settings that gets updated (such as a patch) that I don't know about, or I accidentally dragged some files from the overwrite folder into a random mod some time.   I'm going to try manipulating the esp load order of iNeed, and reinstalling it.   If that does not work, then I'll have to try reinstalling from the STEP Extended profile all over again.  

I guess another idea is that something in the STEP super patch requires the latest Enhanced Blood Textures version, and the suggestion to use the no scripts version does not work.  

Its going to be a matter of writting down what I change, what happens, and trying to figure it out sequentially.  that may include disabling mods 1 at a time, repatching stuff, and trying again.  

- Does anyone know if you need to have DynDOLOD patched and loaded, or can I test without it.  That thing takes hours to remake. 

I'm currently on the Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul part.

This part, point 2 and 4 are not viable for me. Point 2 we're told not to previously not to install and Point 4 the installer doesn't have that option (At least for me).

REINSTALL

patches

• Enhanced Lighting for ENB
  • Enhanced Lights and FX
  • Open Cities
  • Provincial Courier Service

EDIT: You're probably sick of me nit-picking the pack guide at the moment. I do apologize. However I do need to get it installed properly in order to help you test this.

Edited by HatchetWarrior

oh wow, I may have found my crashing problem.  Thank you!!! I don't know why/how/who (ok, who would be me) but some how, the load order of all my mods is screwed up way bad!   example was the provincial courier service thing was not positioned correctly.   wow.  no wonder my game has gone crazy CTD crap lately.  I have no idea how everything (left pane) got re arranged. 

ok, your question: 

Reading through the reinstall instructions, the Enhanced Lights and FX is for the Enhancer, so ya, you DON'T want that.  don't know why the provincial courier service is not available.  will need to look into that.  

Looking through the instructions, I don't know why I didn't state to patch ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt.    I would think I need that. 

Might have been a masters thing, I'll double check if the STEP extended esp has ELE_Legendary_Light.esp as a master,  and the ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp won't take.  

Edit: yup,  Needs ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp for the STEP Extended esp patch.  Idea, will need to use TES5Edit to change the Master from ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp  to  ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt.esp

Edited by Mr_Moal

ok, here is a new one,  while reading through the install order of STEP Extended, I note that the Brawl Bugs patch is now needed because the Pack will be using the scriptless Enhanced Blood Textures mod.  

I will do further reading into this. 

Quote: 

EDIT: You're probably sick of me nit-picking the pack guide at the moment. I do apologize. However I do need to get it installed properly in order to help you test this.

Please PLEASE please!!! keep the tiny details coming.   Successful Skyrim modding relies on the tiny details and the nit picking.  so ya,  every single thing that is incorrect, needs to be fixed.  I am doing my best (when my load order doesn't' have gremlins in it) to make my install identical in every way to the Pack instructions.

(Edit:  wow, no idea how, but 2 posts got merged into 1.  ....   ?)  

Edited by Mr_Moal

well...   Cutting room floor is included with the base install, yet the STEP instructions state not to use it.  I would suppose that the STEP uber patch takes care of it.  I am defaulting to using the STEP instructions, deviating only where neccessary to patch stuff.  

for the ELE legendary_Fs_Wt,   will need to change the master in the STEP extended Uberpatch to that one if its used.  

The book covers of skyrim in the patch section links to the actual mod (Don't know if you intended this). It should link to the BCS mod as BCS is a STEP requirement.

Also. I've never used the Reqtificator properly before. Am I basically playing a game of whack-a-mole when it comes to patching with the .jar file?

To clarify; Should i be moving this mod (https://puu.sh/ouQZX/4dfe63f382.png) below any of the "Missing masters". So in this case i put it to load after requiem so it would patch or at least tried to before it gave me another error to put another file after it's master.

EDIT: Also this is my load order if you want/have the time to look over it to see any errors or something that shouldn't be there (I don't blame if you don't have the time i followed the best i could with the guide). https://www.modwat.ch/u/lokiiwow

Just fyi from above if the patcher are missing from the end (Dual sheath or DynDOLOD) it's because i didn't patch them yet as it takes hours and i'm about to head to bed. 7am sleep wohoo.

Edited by HatchetWarrior

I'm on the DynDOLOD part. It tells me to remove OCS from the "Warnmodfilename" from the .ini. It's not there. Is that normal?

EDIT: [skyrim Tamriel] is also missing from the .ini

EDIT2: I seemed to of found the issue. It was me being stupid. I was looking inside the "DynDOLOD_FO4". fml.

EDIT3: I've got everything up and running just trying to crash the game. Not sure i like Open cities. It gives me such a huge fps loss when looking at any city. There are two problems i have atm. 1. Purple lanterns. 2. DynDoLOD is spamming some crap in the message window about Tamerial

EDIT4: First crash https://sametext.com/view/43986a3b

Edited by HatchetWarrior