143 replies to this topic

#136 Mr_Moal

Mr_Moal

Citizen

• Pack Authors
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

Looking at Follower mod, I was intrigued by the use of hot keys, particularly the ability to hot key a wait command.   get followers to wait, move and scout (lay traps, etc), then pull enemy and retreat to followers.  Or, have a mule follower, and just get them to wait a little way back.  

I also used a previous version some time back, and was quite impressed with the class system, healer followers would actually heal you (super powerful for melee fighters), rangers (i.e. non melee fighters) would actually keep range and run away from charging enemies, and mages would actually mage (i.e. shoot magic, and NOT run forward and punch the saber cat and getting mauled).  

Also opening multiple followers bags at once when you are looting so that you don't have to walk around redistributing stuff. 

#137 Mr_Moal

Mr_Moal

Citizen

• Pack Authors
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

Currently starting the rebuild process.  

(yay, que fireworks) 

First step will be wiping and reinstalling Skyrim and the STEP pack from scratch.  There are too many things changed that I can't really support an upgrade of any kind from the previous pack build to the new one.  

SAVES ARE NOT SUPPORTED FOR THE NEW VERSION.  

Please finish your current game first, then rebuild for the new version.  

--- sorry 'bout that ---

Reviewing Past posts, looking for people's suggestions. 

#138 Mr_Moal

Mr_Moal

Citizen

• Pack Authors
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Need replacements for Apollowsdown's mods.  

• Important Information Overhaul (IIO) 
  • Civil War Overhaul (CWO)
  • Dragon Combat Overhaul (DCO)

These mods can be assumed to be gone for good (Along with their author).  Which means I need to find replacements for them.  Please post your thoughts about this on another forum or I'm liable to reply, and that conversation won't be good for anyone....  (and I'll start spewing all kinds of language and probably get banned off of STEP...  sigh). 

#139 Mr_Moal

Mr_Moal

Citizen

• Pack Authors
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Currently investigating Ultimate Skyrim pack (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/82846/?) Ultimate Skyrim.  So far, the majority of mods in this pack are already present in Skyrim STEP Extended.  This pack is similar to this pack, but different enough (from my preference) that I've decided not to drop this set up and convert over (no open cities for instance).  On the other hand Belmont Boy's pack is probably more stable than my pack set up, and he seems like a more experienced modder (with many people helping him too) so his patches will probably do their job better compared to mine.  If you don't care for Open Cities like I do (or want a "lighter" mod pack) please check his setup out.  

And the name for his mod pack rocks too.  

Edit:  on closer inspection, this is not quite true.  He takes a different approach on a number of things, between textures, lighting, etc.  I don't think his pack is bad, it looks quite awesome, but its not what I'm trying to build.  It really comes down to flavour, so pick what you like really. 

Edited by Mr_Moal, 05 July 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#140 Mr_Moal

Mr_Moal

Citizen

• Pack Authors
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Rebuild in progress.  Just wanted to point out that some mods have not been added yet, and in its current condition this pack has not yet been actually tried out yet, and will probably be a week before its in a BETA stage that is ready for testing.  

#141 Mr_Moal

Mr_Moal

Citizen

• Pack Authors
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

wow, I might need to pair things down a little, got nearly 100 mods listed as part of this pack.  Darn esp limit, you are my bane.  

Edit: Merge Plugins mod to the rescue (I hope). 

Edit 2017 07 11 Alpha 2.0.1 instructions are listed.  

to do list: 

• play test each function from each mod
  • custom compatibility patch, going through (ugg) nearly every mod that conflicts, and patching stuff.  
  • More testing. 

Edited by Mr_Moal, 11 July 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#142 ShadowNirvana

ShadowNirvana

Prisoner

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:52 AM

Do you plan on adding Spell Research? It seems fun and I think is compatible with Requiem.

#143 Mr_Moal

Mr_Moal

Citizen

• Pack Authors
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

I've looked at that before, and it sounded truly interesting.  I know the other mod, Spell crafting should work with my setup, as immersive collage of Winterhold actually has an open room set aside exactly for the spell crafting mod.   

The main problem I have is I've already bitten off more than I can chew at the moment.  Work decided to act up just as I have a mid term coming up for a summer course I'm taking in collage, so this week will be, er, interesting.    Once I get this mod pack hammered down (got to fix the sky lighting bug and Follower Mod's "are you skilled" dialogue bug to start with) I have time to look into it.  If you are feeling adventurous to brave the harsh rapids of the vast Google river ;-), could you research for possible conflicts between Spell Research, Requiem (latest 1.9.4 version), and Requiem Minor arcana?  Minor arcana is the wild card here, I have not played with it before so I don't fully know how it will effect the game, and since it touches spells, then the chances of some conflicts between it and Spell Research are likely.  

#144 Mr_Moal

Mr_Moal

Citizen

• Pack Authors
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

(2017 07 20) Since these STEP Packs will be formally discontinued come STEP 3.0, I will be moving this pack to "Mod Picker", and continuing work on it there.

REF: http://forum.step-pr...ks-on-the-wiki/

Edit:  I've spent a few hours looking into Mod picker, and I'm stumped right out of the gate.  

Primary issue is no custom instructions.  Many many mods can be installed in a wide range of ways, giving you all kinds of choices and compatibility patches.  I cant' find a way to include this information.   On the pack page right now, you get a Nexus link on the left panel, and an area to list install notes.   With out these install notes, I don't know how I"m going to set up this list.  

- I also need to un install several mods from STEP, because they conflict with stuff from Requiem.  so how to list that?  

Next This tool assumes you have every single mod selected, which means I'll need to essentially build STEP myself (its built as a "test" version right now) along with my mods.  the work load this looks like is, well, "lots".  

Edited by Mr_Moal, 22 July 2017 - 04:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, everything, regs, survival, role playing, war ensemble, requiem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users