Question Regarding the "Open" Mods

yeah, but unlike everyone else, I find New Vegas Bounties REALLY boring after a single playthrough.  The in-joke bounties lose their charm, and in the end, it's just "go here, kill x, come back, repeat" with maybe a few exceptions of another place or two to stop and look at.

yeah, but unlike everyone else, I find New Vegas Bounties REALLY boring after a single playthrough. The in-joke bounties lose their charm, and in the end, it's just "go here, kill x, come back, repeat" with maybe a few exceptions of another place or two to stop and look at.

I see your point. My opinion is from someone playing first playthrough.

I see your point. My opinion is from someone playing first playthrough.

Oh, yeah, for a first playthrough, definitely.  But I've done NVB1, DEIMOS, Afterschool Special, and the Bison-Steve at least a couple times now.  Never done Tales of the Burning Sands though, so that's staying in for this run.  

It doesn't delete the worldspaces per say, so there shouldn't really be that many incompatibilities beyond some NVInteriors buildings being unreachable etc.

Alright then.  I may give it a shot.

Also, I'm unfamiliar with GitHub.  *blush*  How do I just download that zip on the page he linked and figure out how to install from there?

Just download the entire .zip right-click on the version you want in MO ("00 New Vegas Uncut 00" is the updated and merged version RoyBatty and some other guys have been working on, though Adonis_VII would know more about their progress) and select "Set data directory".

Okay, one last stupid question.

What IS this exactly?  Just a better build merge of the two open mods?  Or does it include the rest of the Uncut content as well?  I ask because it has the same name as that series.  Also the readme in that directory seems to say as much.  So I'm guessing I need to deactivate the merged mod I made for the uncut content in F&NLV.  Will I need to start a new game?  I've not yet reached Novac.  

EDIT:  Okay, I found the master list of what was merged, and I rebuilt the Cut Content, Machienzo, and Yuki Merged Patches without the ones included.  That should remove any duplication errors.

Edited by Barachiel

Don't think you need to start a new game. All they do is take one of the worldspaces (think very large interior cell) and move everything from the other two there. Which means that when you haven't been to Vegas yet you should be fine. If you can't find an NPC you need for whatever reason, just use the player.placeatme command followed by the NPCs ID (check the wiki).

I was more concerned about the retweaking of those merged patches breaking something.

So far, so good.  I started up, immediately got Idolized with Primm, and so far everything looks good.  Won't know for certain until I hit New Vegas.