External NCC fomod installer

Bundy714

Question

I'm running Mod Organizer 1.3.11 and having a bit of a problem.  I've got a mod DROPS v3 that has a Fomod installer.  It's not running the Fomod, so I did some research and found that sometimes you need to use the external ncc fomod installer, rather than the internal one.  There is a NCC folder full of stuff in my Mod Organizer directory, but when I click on Plugins, Fomod installer (External) there is nothing there.

How do I make it use the NCC installer?  Or how do I set up the NCC installer.  I think I could make it use it, if I could just get Mod Organizer to realize it's available.

4 answers to this question

I appreciate the reply, but I've tried that several times.  Tried just turning the internal Fomod installer enabled to False, the preferred to False, both settings to false, closed MO and restarted in between all those things, and still there is nothing in the External NCC fomod tab, and when I install the mod, the Fomod is not being run.

I'm wondering about my MO, as this is the second strange thing it's done.  The first was about a third of the way through my STEP installation, it claimed I didn't have Python installed.  I looked into that, found it was only needed to run the Configurator (Which I had run earlier, btw).  The Python files are in my MO directory, but I also installed Python 2. 77 as a stand alone installation and tried pointing MO at it, but still it claims I have no Python....and the files are there, and it was working before.  So screw it, just not going to be able to run Configurator I guess...no big deal.  I have no idea why it was using python before, but now claims it can't find it.

Now I have this missing NCC problem and those files are there too.  And it's been installing FOMODS, but I imagine it was using the interal FOMOD installer.  Do I have Gremlins?  Why is my MO slowly losing functionality?  One option at a time.  I'm about half way through a VERY long Neovalen Revisited installation and my MO is starting to act all crazy on me.

Can I reinstall MO and not have to lose all my profiles, and setup?  Geeeez I don't want to have to do that.

Neo's pretty specific in his instructions.  IF there was a problem with the DROPS Fomod, he'd have something about it in his instructions.  And I've even tried downloading different DROPS versions, the 512kb, the 1k, and the 2k, just to make sure I didn't get a bad download or corrupt fomod.  Nothing works.....well, it installs, but it's just throwing EVERY texture and mesh over there and not using the FOMOD to let me pick which particular texture and mesh I want to use.

And BTW.....this isn't my first rodeo.  I've been installing STEP and using Mod Organizer for years now.  I may not be as sharp as some of you guys, but I'm no newbie, and I can follow instructions, and normally don't have any issues at all.

Edited by Bundy714

I haven't checked that mod (at work), but you can reinstall MO without losing your stuff without issue. Just download MO and copy and paste the contents into your MO directory. It'll overwrite all it's own files, but leave your profile intact.

Btw, you shouldn't need to switch to the NCC installer manually at all. MO knows when to run it so just leave the settings to enabled and trust MO. The only mods MO runs it for are mods with C installers.

I haven't checked that mod (at work), but you can reinstall MO without losing your stuff without issue. Just download MO and copy and paste the contents into your MO directory. It'll overwrite all it's own files, but leave your profile intact.

Btw, you shouldn't need to switch to the NCC installer manually at all. MO knows when to run it so just leave the settings to enabled and trust MO. The only mods MO runs it for are mods with C installers.

Thanks, guess I'm gonna do a disk image first because of an abundance of caution, then try and reinstall MO.  Between the Python thing, and now this Fomod issue, I'm really wondering if something isn't messed up or corrupt in my MO or registry.  Lord knows I pointed it at every directory that had anything to do with Python and it still says Python isn't installed.  Now this fomod installation issue is cropping up, and I've lost all confidence in it.

It's not like this is an old, gunked up Windows environment.  I've got a new, clean installation (not an upgrade) of Windows 10, on a new SSD.  Everything works great except for MO, which is slowly losing it's features and ability to run it's various plugins for some reason.

Maybe I've angered the Nine Divines by playing Fallout 4 for a while, and this is my punishment.

EDIT......this is what happens when I get sleep deprived.  I double checked the DROPS archives I downloaded, and they don't even have a FOMOD in them!  The latest version (v.3) has all the different textures and meshes but no FOMOD.  I double checked Neo's instructions and he says to use version 1, not v 3.....and v1 has a FOMOD.  Geeeeez, I am getting old.  How embarrassing.  Always check the simple stuff first, before elevating the problem to a more complex issue.

I am so sorry guys, my bad.  I took up your time over nothing.  And I claimed I could follow instructions too.  Geeeez

In my defense, it seems that DROPS v1 with Fomod is superior to DROPS v3 without fomod (maybe?), if you want the new and improved textures.  So, that just kind of threw me for a loop, because I naturally thought the latest version 3 would be the best....but he has two v1's, one is his original drops, the other optional v1 seems to be v3 drops, but it's his first that includes a fomod, so he called it version 1 too.  Too many version 1's for me to wrap my head around.  I need a drink.   If I were drinking, I'd at least have an excuse for this word salad.  I've just reached my Sarah Palin level of posting.

Hey TechAngel85, lets just delete this whole thread and pretend it never happened.

Edited by Bundy714