Is RaceMenu really necessary?

RustyLH

Question

I have NO desire to use the features to customize my character.  I am perfectly OK with the vanilla presets.  My Breton looks just fine.  I rarely ever play in 3rd person so and even if you do, you rarely see your own face. So I would rather just leave it out.  But is it required for other mods down the list?  It is listed as a CORE with the green stripe to the left, but why is it CORE unless it IS needed by another mod in the STEP CORE.  Also, if it is, I think it would help me if that info could be included in future updates to STEP.  That way if we want to leave a mod out, we know what will be affected.  We can look at the affected mod and determine if we want to drop that one also, or keep both.

Also, in the instructions, it says that it can be safely moved to the Optional Esps in MO.  I do not know how to move something to optional esps.

3 answers to this question

You're using MO, right?

Right click on the mod, click Information, then the Optional ESP's tab. You then click on the ESP you wish to move and use the arrow keys to move it as needed. 

And I wouldn't play without RaceMenu cause it adds other little fixes aside from extra sliders for character creation. Not the least of which is it changes everything to the SkyUI look.

But it's your game. The mod's likely CORE because the STEP team consider it an essential mod for more variances in character creation.

Edited by Nozzer66

Thanks for the info!!!  OK, so if I install it, and then move it to the Optional ESPs, do I still get the benefit of those fixes without it being available for in game character modification on the fly?  As I said, I normally don't worry too much about what my own character looks like because I play almost exclusively in 1st person.  I'm more worried about what the NPCs look like.  Thus, I use Bijin Wives.  Actually I am going to use the Bijin All-In-One, that somebody made that combines all three Bijin groups.  That and add Favoured Soul for the male bodies, and a fave mod for the rest of the NPCs.  Do you have a suggestion for a mod to change all of the NPC's faces?  I used RS Children for the kids last time, but I don't see that on the list, and wonder if there is one already on the list for the kids that I haven't noticed yet.  I'm through the top 2 sections, moving into the Landscape & Environment section, so I am not sure what is further down the list.  I only glanced at it.