Updating fINIp3 How to?

SergeTroy

Question

Basically, I'm a little concerned that there's more to updating the "Fallout INI Project 3" Mod than there might be with others.  Does it really just come down to the steps laid out by DoubleYou / Vuud, to Uninstall the prior version, and then just install the new version as standard?  If so, you would:

Uninstallation:

1. Replace your Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files with the backups you should have made according to the warnings in installation and go to step 3. If you neglected to heed my warnings, delete  Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini in Documents\My Games\Fallout3 and go to step 2.
  2. Run the Fallout Launcher and select your preset.
  3. If using Mod Organizer, copy the new Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini from your Documents\My Games\Fallout3 directory to your <ModOrganizer>\profiles\<Profile-Name> directory.
  4. Eat salt and vinegar chips.

Followed by -> Installation:

1. Download the main file.
  2. Run the installer.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  4. Read any warnings carefully!
  5. Once the installer has completed, the Fallout Launcher will automatically run to generate your new INI files.
  6. Please ensure that your screen resolution in the Launcher is selected correctly!
  7. If using Mod Organizer, copy the generated Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files to your <ModOrganizer>\profiles\<Profile-Name> directory.

And then just double checking to ensure that the variables you want set per preference are set, profile specific, via MO's INI editor?  Do you need to do anything else?  Some possibilities that occurred to me would be: disabling all mods prior to this update, and re-enabling after but prior to the review of the MO INI Editor's tweaks; Possibly needing to redo LOOT ordering and even the Bashed Patch.  I don't know for certain in this and so I'm just a little concerned and curious on the thoughts of the communities wiser heads.

2 answers to this question

Actually, in your case, you don't need to do the uninstallation. All you need to do is the installation section. No need to mess with your mods. To be completely safe (some of these steps may actually be unnecessary)...

1. Make a backup of your INI files in case things go wrong.
  2. In Mod Organizer, disable Automatic Archive Invalidation by clicking the profile button at top, highlighting your profile(s), and unchecking the Automatic Archive Invalidation checkbox.
  3. Close Mod Organizer
  4. Download the main file.
  5. Run the installer.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  7. Read any warnings carefully!
  8. Once the installer has completed, the Fallout Launcher will automatically run to generate your new INI files.
  9. Please ensure that your screen resolution in the Launcher is selected correctly!
  10. If using Mod Organizer, copy the generated Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files to your \profiles\ directory.
  11. Re-enable Automatic Archive Invalidation in Mod Organizer.
  12. Redo any custom INI tweaks via the MO INI editor.

Awesome, thanks DoubleYou!  Have been away from video games for nearly 4 months and I feel so utterly out of the loop and brain dead on a lot of this stuff once again.  It was enough that I was practially considering redoing my whole set up purely for the updated fINIp3 and UUFO3 patch.  xD  Have a great one!