MAPS (by Gamwich)

Sixxness

The green tint compared to the vanilla map was intentional. I understand why the vanilla map looks as it does, because it's only 1K (in the hi-res pack), so they made it brighter and more saturated than realistic. The only thing, is that it also has very obvious dark splotches that would indicate that the maps are very old (or poorly shielded from the elements, or both). Therefore, such an old map would in real life not be so bright, or saturated in color. It would be faded and darker in value. My textures reflect that. Because I started with a 4K master, I was able to put in a lot more detail than the vanilla map has. Even reduced to 2K, it still looks a fair amount more detailed than the vanilla map, and it has an actual texture to the surface of the map. The vanilla map lacks that.

My aim was to produce a map that players could actually read in game as they stood in Dragonsreach. Not just the impression of a map, but a map your "character" could truly read. It was meant as an aid to "immersion."... Yes, I used that filthy word.  :;):

Edited by Gamwich

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic