Dragonbone Mastery - Weapons Retexture (by Nazenn)

Nazenn

Discussion thread:

Dragonbone Mastery - Weapons Retexture by Nazenn

Wiki Link

Usually I'm not big on submitting my mods here, as I don't really conciser any of them 'STEP worthy' as it were, but as STEP doesn't actually appear to have a texture that covers these yet, I thought I may as well make a topic and at the very least get some feedback and thoughts if you guys wanted.

The description is pretty detailed, I have a bad habit of liking my walls of text, but most of the info is also found in the images, including additional installation recommendations

75175-9-1461383309.png75175-4-1461383310.png75175-3-1461383310.png75175-0-1461384483.png

There's a few of the pictures from the mod page showing some of the textures and details.

Most diffuse textures are 2K except for the dagger, arrows and Quiver, and scabbard, with all other textures being 1K.

Recommended to be used with Better Shaped Weapons, and the optional mesh installations also use them as a base too.

There's sill a few visual inconsistencies that I'm not totally happy with, mostly on the blades where Bethesda's unwrapping was horrible, which I may get around to fixing if enough people want me too.

Not sure there's anything else to say other then I hope you like them and enjoy.

• +1 1

Beautifully done.

I dream with a Tamriel full of BoneArmors/Weapons and the DragonBone it's only the super upper tier.

Maybe someday I get the time (and proper knowledge) to set the leveled list with Bear, Horker, Mammoth and Dragon armors just to name a few

It's really a shame such an awesome armors and weapons been seen so few times without Lore clashing

So Dragonbone armour has not been done at all yet? Or has it just not been done decently Afonic?

Looks good Nazenn. The only very small problem I have is the size of and/or the style of the leather on the sheath looks too fabricated. On your quiver though, I think that looks perfectly fine.

Yeah, I had to rip the leather from the sheath from the quiver and redo it all from scratch so it doesn't look perfect, but I'll have a look and seeing if scaling it down a bit and tiling it more makes it work better, thanks for the suggestion.

Wow, marked for testing already, I'm really quite honored.

Maybe just rough it up a bit? Worn things tend to look much more realistic. I can't find much wrong at all though, so I had to choose that.  :;):

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions for anything that needs badly retexturing for Skyrim, I'd love to have a bash. I have always stayed away from it actually, but my new painting tools need use. 

Sorry Nazenn, I'm not trying to take away from your great mod, it is just that you have inspired me.  ::):

Edited by Guest

Well I tried making the leather pattern smaller but I found that it looked blurry on the greatsword sheath now compared to the bigger leather. As far as roughing it up, I actually took the leather directly from the arrow quiver leather, so its no more rough then that is :P

And nah that's fine, I like these discussions myself, yay for inspiration. While there are some statue textures out there, the only one that's high quality, Stunning Statues, also has some subjective things like turning Mara white, and making the nocturnal statue look a bit odd, and the bronze falmer one having a purple orb that looks like a texture error, so you could look at doing that? I was also planning on doing some enhanced models for those at some stage (without the huge breasts from stunning statues), so some nicer textures to point at for people would be cool.

So there isn't enough room on the UVs to make it look decent scaled down I guess. Shame. Eh, it is no Biggie Smalls.

Now with statues, are the vanilla normals a decent size? I have said this somehwere before, but the statues were outsourced to skilled character artists. You would need some nice anatomy knowledge to actually get the form right and then you'd need to do a high detail mesh for every statue. This is most likely a reason for the statues not ever being done properly. I could use the normals that already exist and paint the base diffuse, whilst adding to the normals without scaling. If anyone could send me the vanilla NIFS and textures, I'll look into it if I can. I just re-installed Windows again, so I'm slowly getting going. Send me a PM, so we don't derail again.

Shrines as well haven't really been touched, and while Ren's HD Shrines https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50327/? is decent, it has the same problems as Stunning Statues in that in makes some subjective changes (though fairly minor).  It also honestly appears like only a small upgrade in quality (to me) from vanilla.

As for these Dragonbone weapons textures, they look great and are added to my game!

• 1 month later...

I do have an update planned for this I just haven't had the motivation to work on it compared to my other projects which are actually still in WIP.

I was considering a version that has a totally new design for the scabbard so that its not mimicing the original Dwemer scabbard template but wasn't sure what I should include in it. Any ideas anyone?

Here are some screenshots of the weapons for comparison. Note that the engravings are small and subtle on some of the weapons, but I included the engraved versions for completeness. The editor does not allow including all images so I'm breaking this up by weapon.

Vanilla | Better Shaped Weapons | Dragonbone Mastery | Better Shaped Weapons+Dragonbone Mastery | Better Shaped Weapons+Dragonbone Mastery Engraved

y3m_yWEfWQLbcRtQT0aC3pJ-WyIHYppQ_U0Ikr3ly3myAR1WGEPJyZqFUe-8sVKwbFufIjer3nJOaqjoy3m9PrtcsjcSK0Y5f8RqOeFo8DPa7mIf2dJANkYQy3mPcohS9AnuY2D90C0qul8wzcLlLLPpe-TjCGw9y3meeAW88yH3EM6RGDfSa_Cq4fyKMZ1m6MQedWg3

y3msmphtiwTPmCnPuJWv8E6HPj-PSwmTKEBAAsO0y3mG8buLrPR6l7POJ7xvQYukDMMb7WpGTQdgT4csy3mFmHAfsYlzSwoJ_8EzIY0hZQsIuQsD63VLYT65y3ma_FBdhFITVj3pie_vSfnyqKainWpobJbLX8PJy3mTrEipkbOnnDNdRezZh5hhEDRmfm-3tOpxrrJa

y3mDv6PV6ox1VBOQKZ4Wf1VOn1QJ-jcAr1trfhp-y3mKqXhA9s0feHPJJH9O3_ROuUHPN7WQHiiimoBjy3muSswPse-oZlPvPpnvXHKAWUU0kx1CnRLVKmZmy3mWs-K1pqYpU6PNgH9B2gmq_XDAeuI4gEgC-OOPy3m6nMONcitg6wu1fL461eXRtiTCuJYW4t6GLjxM

y3mfZXr5wE-3Ei-_FZ0J8YzT63ZR2IJ8-EWZXbsry3mnHGmifVG7KgLd3WJillMvQG07QOb0x3Qx3ZmZy3mLp7vHu_t6EoKWjHNM1GnBB9OGzX3NYYSK4R4wy3mnORioSCYD_MloOJyCD0osyTW6KlEo-tOOtq3fy3mWRP42h38p7PMargvt_dDc7I4G8T7boSbnVzni

y3mcpJDY3TBPJF7VT0xv-ZxrTlYr4EURniymBCZLy3m0p78WNG-9ITwCwoyHp8an3THAz3un3vObG2rny3m7uQHm3N-aztqOrTSQ_iUVK6fKZ0qcXFCmUOaYy3mwJRd5RI25ypvB6PJYHdPYF9H4vf8NXCWhd7mty3mmFtLeIJdNRCQ8Li7MnvByflm4axjEKZDkmUn1

y3m0fpRgHU5uJLjdTqXOnEDGYxxyFazYwgf0KWUpy3mzCUuLWcSnw0kPh21IQEM08Bl6U_KpdBpdh5nKy3ml0sIYEg-haPPQ9k25j9jfmfi4E5o54tiznK5Ky3mHMDqp_XLv7ev1ZHYZ7RaKO4suYVjDuzqi6JHdy3mxSgEx-9TEx2Hxm4YQc2ih01qvoIa8Muxq3yC7

EDIT: I have one more set for the war hammer but the editor won't allow me to include this many pictures in one post. I tried to post this set separately but it tries to merge the new post into the original post and fails without warning or error.