http://wiki.step-pro...Guide:Morrowind

#2 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

Welcome to STEP @DassiD, and you come bearing gifts! Nice work.

I love Morrowind but as you say it is showing it's age.

Perhaps add a section in the beginning describing the system requirements needed for this modded setup, not strictly necessary considering most modern systems will run a game that old, but a nice touch nonetheless.

#3 DassiD

DassiD

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:43 AM

Thank you! I will add more on performance. How do you add a page to categories?

#4 Harpalus

Harpalus

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

Thank you for the guide.

There's one important issue that I never see any guides covering in much detail: conflict resolution. I'm a little obsessive about fixing small errors and conflicts (including thematic conflicts, which aren't always evident from the descriptions). I wouldn't want to mod Skyrim if I didn't have TESVEdit.

Am I correct that there's no such tool for Morrowind apart from the Creation Kit? I've tried to mod Morrowind before, but quickly grew frustrated that I was expected to blindly trust in every non-graphical mod I used and pray to the divines that my load order didn't have any problems. Fortunately, your guide is very light on plugins and heavy on graphics, so it's less of a problem here.

Edited by Harpalus, 24 April 2016 - 10:19 AM.

#5 DassiD

DassiD

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:47 PM

Load order can be a pain indeed. However, in MW the number of scripts or world edits you can apply are limited before the performance dies. That tends to be an issue before major conflicts appear. In most cases there's a patch also. This guide have planned what overwrites what, so there shouldn't be any problems with missing textures/meshes.

#6 SparrowPrince

SparrowPrince

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:19 PM

Have not been anywhere near through it all, but seriously...

10444-4-1193342712.jpg

I wouldn't recommend Better Weapons. Look at it. It's just smoothed to heck and the texture placement on the blade has been morphed.

Just a friendly heads up to double check the mods a bit more is all. ::):  I mean, that other sword pictured doesn't need to be 4500 triangles (up from 300). That shows it has has nothing more than a linear smoothing. I'm sure your guide would benefit from removing these 'performance hog' mods in the end. I don't think Skyrim even has swords that are near 4500 triangles and they look much better.

Edit: Nice guide though. I wish some clever person would have done a modern overhaul of the awful combat system in this game. I never got into it because of that one reason. Mind you Oblivion and Skyrim have very average combat systems, so I guess Bethesda aren't very good in that specific area.

Edited by SparrowPrince, 24 April 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#7 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:40 PM

I Like the guide but i wont play morrowind again until Skywind comes out.

#8 DassiD

DassiD

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

@SparrowPrince Absolutely agree that better weapons is overkill with polygons. I did test it however, and it didn't lower the fps. I'll have to see if I can find a better mesh replacer. Thank you for the feedback.
I'm dying while waiting for Skywind aswell.
@SparrowPrince Absolutely agree that better weapons is overkill with polygons. I did test it however, and it didn't lower my fps. I'll have to see if I can find a better mesh replacer. Thank you for the feedback.
I'm dying while waiting for Skywind aswell.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Morrowind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users