• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Subotai

Subotai

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

Well I for one don't mind the wait.  You all do a bang up job and I am looking forward to a Fallout 4 STEP guide!

#17 SparrowPrince

SparrowPrince

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

I've been teaching myself more and more over time, but am not near S4N's level...yet

This is because of the limited time s4n has and why I'm slowly learning the MediaWiki code

This is why I'm slowing learning

Hence why I'm teaching myself bit by bit

Yo dawg... I heard you like to learn MediaWiki with your MediaWiki while MediaWikiing. :P

#18 twowolves80

twowolves80

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Buuuuuumpity.

I'm actually working on a Fallout 4 wiki right now for my own edification and use, and I'm pulling elements from STEP, Kesta's, and a few other sources, done in a STEP-style format. First wiki ever, probably not all that great, and I'm sure there's a few errors in the INI section (trying to convert it from Skyrim to Fallout 4, for instance, presents it's own set of unique challenges). The goal was, like STEP, have a wealth of information in one spot that is pulled from all over the net, run through my patented Fact-Checking Machine (i.e., bothering modders with "Does this work?" until I find a solution).

GrandBulwark had some good stuff in his Skyrim Project Stability about memory management and whatnot, and as far as INI edits go, my guide is focusing strongly on learning to comment in the INIs so that if there's ever a question of what changed and by how much, it's recorded below the Setting that was changed.

Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed to even mention it because it's paltry compared to STEP, but it's a start.

Would like to know if an actual STEP guide for Fallout 4 has been started besides Kesta's (the man has a life outside of Fallout 4, I get it, and realize he can't just update it overnight).

And as always, I would just like to say, Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for your time and work you've put into STEP.

#19 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

No official guide for FO4 has been started by STEP. The next game we will support is SSE since it's a natural transition. This will be after our 3.0 release which is still months away.

#20 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

...I'm actually working on a Fallout 4 wiki right now for my own edification and use, and I'm pulling elements from STEP, Kesta's, and a few other sources, done in a STEP-style format. First wiki ever, probably not all that great, and I'm sure there's a few errors in the INI section (trying to convert it from Skyrim to Fallout 4, for instance, presents it's own set of unique challenges). The goal was, like STEP, have a wealth of information in one spot that is pulled from all over the net, run through my patented Fact-Checking Machine (i.e., bothering modders with "Does this work?" until I find a solution)...

Excited to see your wiki, best of luck, and thanks for the "heads up" it's in the works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users