Battlefield 1 (2016)

Battlefield 1 (2016)

Official Release Date: October 21, 2016 (Early Access October 18th, 2016 - Pre-Orders / EA Access Subscribers)

Open Beta Date: TBA (Early Access Via Battlefield Insiders Program)

Origin Store Links:

Battlefield 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition

Battlefield 1 Early Enlister Standard Edition

Official Announcement Teaser:

Official World Premiere Trailer:

I am a huge fan of the Battlefield series and have played every single one since Battlefield 1942. I am hyped beyond measure to find out the next iteration of the Battlefield franchise. Post will be updated when title and full trailer is available but wanted to make people aware who might also be interested. I could always use more people to play with.

It's gotta' be a WW1/2 game or an alternate universe World War game for me to be interested. Wolfenstein: The New Order was the best FPS in years and years. The problem is that modern/future combat games don't evoke any emotion  for me. Like WW2 games years ago, I think the fatigue with modern combat games has reached its pinnicle; dare I say even more.  Ubisoft's The Great War wasn't too bad either, and I actually learned something. 

TLDR: Modern combat games can die in a ditch.  ::P:

Edit: Noice!

a7KiSbT.jpg

Edited by Guest

I thought the new thing was shooters, where everybody suddenly gets the ability to shoot fireballs out of their .... respective behinds. Or similar abilities. 

I also find it amusing that one of the main points of trailers this year is " Look at how pretty we can make faces now". 

And then when you get the game you get silly 1k res textures.... 

I thought the new thing was shooters, where everybody suddenly gets the ability to shoot fireballs out of their .... respective behinds. Or similar abilities. 

I also find it amusing that one of the main points of trailers this year is " Look at how pretty we can make faces now". 

And then when you get the game you get silly 1k res textures.... 

Aiyen, it's an announcement of an announcement. My favourite modern AAA gaming trope.

Aiyen, it's an announcement of an announcement. My favourite modern AAA gaming trope.

Too true, we will find out the real setting in 2 hours.

What would be really cool is a Battlefield that encompasses all settings, WWI, WWII, Modern, and Future all in one game. They are using the same engine as BF4 so all the modern stuff is already done except some new maps and some of the future stuff. All they would need to create from scratch is the WWI / WWII stuff.

Still crossing my fingers for a 2142 sequel as that was my favorite battlefield but we shall see.

Edit:

LIVESTREAM

Is the guy on the left onboard a ship at high seas? Stand the bloody hell still!  ::P:

Edit: Well welcome back WW games! Defo will get this.

Edited by Guest

Release date is officially October 21, 2016. There will be further reveals, early access, open betas, etc via Pre-order, EA Access Subscription, and the insiders newsletter.

Personally, I am really pumped for the new game. Cavalry charges, planes, ships, melee combat diversity, divergent warfare (different sides use equipment, guns, etc). All of it sounds amazing and I cannot wait to see more. Lots of things never before seen in a Battlefield game.

That is some nice quadruple posting there!  ::P:

Kv5fWYC.jpg

I like this guy.

To be honest Neo, I don't think I have ever not seen you be pumped for a game. I like your cheerful stance on these things actually, it's nice to see an adult excited for something. I can't say I'm the same because well... AAA publishers are gits.

This looks great though, but we'll have to see some gameplay bar the mustard gas clip. Do you know if there will be a campaign? I can't stand Jack'EAShill'Frags. :lol:  There's gotta' be a campaign right?

They said in the live stream there will be a campaign covering 7 different main characters point of view on different fronts.

There are plenty of games I hate, I just don't post about them. [emoji14] If you don't have anything positive to say and all that... unless your debating someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool. I heard a lot of game conventions have high levels of BO stink though, so be warned on that. Take a car air freshener and hang it around your nose. I hope you get to ride horses. I haven't seen a good horse riding since Red Dead Redemption; that game is still king.