Battlefield 1 (2016)

Cool. I heard a lot of game conventions have high levels of BO stink though, so be warned on that. Take a car air freshener and hang it around your nose. I hope you get to ride horses. I haven't seen a good horse riding since Red Dead Redemption; that game is still king.

Contrary to popular belief, not all gamers writhe in their own filth and live in dank basements. That being said, BO is known to be in many public spaces, so warning noted.

Contrary to popular belief, not all gamers writhe in their own filth and live in dank basements. That being said, BO is known to be in many public spaces, so warning noted.

I didn't say they did. I said I HEARD some gaming conventions are pretty bad on this part. I'm guessing LA will be very hot and people may start sweating before they walk in. Then you have all the waiting and high levels of crowding to contend with. If you want a tip though, use women's roll-on deodorant; it smells better and lasts much, much longer than men's spray-on.

Will be keeping my eye on this since I have gained a massive amount of knowledge about WW1 recently (I am writing a story taking place during the first part of the Battle of the Somme). One of the weirdest stories must be about the German soldier who got blown in through the window of a fort by an artillery shell explosion and ended up taking the whole place room by room with a pistol in a Hollywood-like turn of events.

Yeah I'll be keeping an eye on this as well, it's caught my interest. I don't usually like the standard FPS games on the market, the Battlefield series is alright for a short amount of time if I can get it cheap enough usually

• 3 weeks later...

45 Minutes of unedited gameplay from the event:

So stoked, I'm gonna lose so many hours to this game.

LOL! The guy recording this video was in Snoop Dogg's squad.

But yeah this game does look really good. Also EA/Dice have been on point in regards to the marketing for this game, I don't think it's possible for them to have done better and gotten anymore hype than they already have.

I've been great at dying in every multiplayer shooter so far (damn 12 year olds hopped up on mountain dew!), but I do love the old school cool of early 20th century firearms. Looking down the sights of that battle rifle gets me going, and who doesn't love a BAR? Looks like I've got some linked videos to watch.

Edit: Biplanes & Zeppelins! Maybe this will satisfy my Crimson Skies craving until someone remakes that. Oh, I saw motorbike, don't get me started on that :woot:

Edited by redirishlord