When Vampires Attack (by Arthmoor)

rpsgc

oqhansoloqo, on 18 Apr 2014 - 2:02 PM, said:

With "Run For Your Lives" (RFYL) I heard that it is incompatible with the part of "Deadly Dragons" (DD) that spawns extra dragon attacks.  So not enabling any of the extra dragon event features in the MCM menu keeps RFYL working properly.  The issue I read is that the extra dragons spawned are marked differently in their code than the normal dragon event dragons.  RFYL behavior does not recognize the extra DD dragons and so NPCs will run to fight them like normal (instead of flee from them).  This is what I read - not yet tested by myself.

Ah, I never encountered that issue because I never used DD...I did however use Bellyaches New Dragon Species and Ohdaviing Replacer by Bellyache and had no issues with RfYL, the NPC's reacted as they should with the added dragons which were usually far from settlements in the first place.

With "Run For Your Lives" (RFYL) I heard that it is incompatible with the part of "Deadly Dragons" (DD) that spawns extra dragon attacks.  So not enabling any of the extra dragon event features in the MCM menu keeps RFYL working properly.  The issue I read is that the extra dragons spawned are marked differently in their code than the normal dragon event dragons.  RFYL behavior does not recognize the extra DD dragons and so NPCs will run to fight them like normal (instead of flee from them).  This is what I read - not yet tested by myself.

I've been running Deadly Dragons just for the NPC protection, with RFYL & WVA (& wet-n-cold, etc) and its been fine so far, but I have yet to enter Solitude with this set up.

What I just posted on WVA Nexus mod page:

"I just ran into the situation with NPCs not running away into their homes but rather running to fight a master vampire in Whiterun. Good thing you suggested Wet & Cold as a possible conflict. One thing I noticed was that Carlotta was wearing a hood breathing steam while she was running out to fight the vampire and it wasn't snowing or raining... So, what I did to test what may be causing your mod not to work correctly is disable Wet & Cold from my mod list, then I loaded an interior save right before the attack. After disabling that mod, your mod seemed to work properly. Rarely did NPCs besides guards attack the vampire. Instead the majority of everyone ran into their houses. Carlotta did fight the vampire shortly, apparently because he was in her way to her house, but she eventually got past him or got hurt enough to run away and then ran inside her house. As soon as the vampire was killed people started coming out.Perhaps there's a compatibility patch that can be worked on with the Isoku? I like this mod and would like to keep it, but I also like Wet & Cold and am thinking of, for now, just using Deadly Dragons' important NPC made essential option and removing your mod - only because it doesn't seem to play nicely with Wet & Cold in my installation. Another idea I thought about is that it's Wet & Cold's workers stay outside option. I'll test that before removing your mod.Stay thirsty my friend."

lol (Dos Equis) - oops... I was wrong though about what I just said.  There was some randomness that led me to believe that one thing was happening when it wasn't.  After many many reruns I have seen no apparent difference with Wet & Cold being on or not, nor with settings for people going inside when it rains or not.  Apparently what seems to be happening is that people who are inside already stay inside, sometimes certain people run inside and sometimes those same people do not, sometimes they fight, sometimes they cower.  When the vampire and his allies are dead, the people inside who want to be out come out.  That is what I am seeing. In the end it appears that it's good to have people staying inside so this mod does help to keep a lot of people safe.

Actually, whether I had Wet & Cold enable or not, it didn't seem to make a difference.  I was wrong.  Sorry for the false alarm.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• 3 weeks later...

While testing and trying to figure out some issues with Arthmoor on his other mod, "Run for Your Lives", he discovered that something wasn't set properly and everyone trying to run to a dwelling was only trying to run to the nearest tavern.  He fixed that (hasn't officially updated that mod yet), and is going to fix this mod with those changes as well, if it has the same problem in its code.  I guess we'll see the official update soon on the Nexus.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...