Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

Neovalen, with the install of Vividian ENB, the esp Vividian - Weather Patch Vanilla is not among the list for the merge file encompassing esps from Vivid Weathers and Vividian ENB. Do we need this file? Keep it or is it meant to be merged with the others?

That file does not exist if you install Vividian ENB the way it is specified in the guide...

Also Neo, what do you think about Fences of Skyrim? Really amazing mod ... especially the 2K Weathered version.

I'll have to compare / contrast with the Spice of Life mod. First thing I see off hand is there are more differing types of fences in Spice of Life. So just from that perspective alone I'm still favoring SoL.

Updates 05/27/2016

Added:

None

Updated:

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul

Skyrim Flora Overhaul (Added Large Juniper + Tall Pines Optionals)

Removed:

None

You will need to re-run DynDOLOD for the Junpier and Tall Pine LODs.

• +1 2

Now that is odd... will fix. :)

I just added the Large Juniper Trees and Tall Pines optionals after the DynDOLOD Billboards for 2.5b optional in the Skyrim Flora Overhaul section of my install. Keep in mind that I install everything as it's own entry in MO, I don't install optionals on top of main files. That being said, the guide mentions the following Special Instruction:

DynDOLOD Billboards Optional:

• textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm/TreeAspen* (Preserve Realistic Aspen Trees billboards.)

Should that be applied to the Large Juniper Trees and Tall Pines optionals as well? Otherwise the Realistic Aspen Trees Billboards optional from a few mods above is overwritten completely.

And similarly, the Billboards optional for Skyrim Flora Overhaul is overwritten completely by the Tall Pines optional. If that's intended, then is the Billboards optional needed anymore?

Edited by grhuff

Neo, just a small one:

CCO's LOOT rule is:

• Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp - Load After ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp

Should that not now be ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp?

Fixed. Good Catch.

Also, the link to the DDSOpt quick start guide (Configuration and INI) at the beginning of the guide is out of date. The link changed when the DDSopt guide got updated. It should point here: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:DDSopt/Skyrim

I also noticed that Wet and Cold is missing a mod dependency listing for RS Children (due to the modified children's hat meshes option in the FOMOD).

Link Changed. As for the Wet and Cold dependency... its not technically dependent on that mod in particular... but will add it anyways.

I just added the Large Juniper Trees and Tall Pines optionals after the DynDOLOD Billboards for 2.5b optional in the Skyrim Flora Overhaul section of my install. Keep in mind that I install everything as it's own entry in MO, I don't install optionals on top of main files. That being said, the guide mentions the following Special Instruction:

DynDOLOD Billboards Optional:

• textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm/TreeAspen* (Preserve Realistic Aspen Trees billboards.)

Should that be applied to the Large Juniper Trees and Tall Pines optionals as well? Otherwise the Realistic Aspen Trees Billboards optional from a few mods above is overwritten completely.

And similarly, the Billboards optional for Skyrim Flora Overhaul is overwritten completely by the Tall Pines optional. If that's intended, then is the Billboards optional needed anymore?

So after looking at this, it appears I will need to do some more work sorting out these LODs since Vurt seems to have included them all in every package... (sigh). Will take a look at this now and sort through it.

- I may missed it, but I did not see a NONE option when it asks "What Weather mods do you use?" ... the only viable choice was Vanilla Only.

It shouldn't even be asking you that question if you selected "Vividian - Vivid Weathers ENB" in the first installer step. Make sure your using the correct version of Vividian.

Neo, the new update to SFO, adding Large Juniper Trees causes any Junipers that are in pots to grow as well...https://imgur.com/a/mwl7A.  Is this being accounted for in CR, or should we just deal with it via console, etc?  thx!

In the short term, deal with it via console. However, if you provide me a list of form IDs / locations I can add them to the CR so others don't need to deal with them in the future.

• +1 1

I really would like to use the Tall Pines option for SFO (I love big trees), but I don't like that there's such a difference in size between the LOD and the actual tree. I know LODs aren't perfect, but the pop-in is way more pronounced with the tall pines.  I mentioned it to Vurt a while ago, and there was some discussion between him and zilav. Vurt said he was going to work on it. I haven't seen a fix for it yet. Guessing he hasn't had the time. Last I heard was, "yes zilav has been of great help, there will be an update, not sure when."

You guys haven't noticed this problem? Or don't mind it?

btw Fences of Skyrim is just a straight up mesh replacer for vanilla fence, it has a parallax ("vivid landscapes patch" is just parallax version and will work with any parallax texture pack) and non-parallax version.

Spice of Life changes the base of many placed fences for more variety, but it doesn't change all fences. The two mods are totally compatible.

IMO if you prefer Fences of Skyrim mesh to the default vanilla mesh (which I do), you should use both.

*scuttles away*

• +1 3

Mod Updates 05/28/2016

Added:

Better Jumping (Allows the player to jump while sprinting )

Blowing in the Wind ( Signs on hinges around the world will move with the wind )

Easy Wheelmenu (Access multiple mod functions with the press of a button)

Fix Lip Sync ( Gets rid of the awful lip sync bugs introduced with patch 1.9... finally! )

Spice of Life - Clutter ( Adds variety to barrels and fences found throughout the game )

Updated:

Aetherial Crown ( Added FOMOD Instructions )

Skyrim Flora Overhaul ( Instructions For Optionals Updated )

Removed:

None

DynDOLOD will need to be updated for some changes to take effect in LOD.

Minor Items:

Fixed DDSOpt Links.

Fixed reference to an old ELE esp file for LOOT rules.

• +1 3