Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

i am learning new things every other day, but i am not an experienced modder.

hell, i even haven't played in weeks - i just try to mod and mod :D

but since this is a wiki maybe we could create a new user, say "SRLE", and pass the credentials around. that user could put up all those guides that are linked to your first guide, neovalen. and anyone with the creds can edit it.

i myself would only make a couple of things clearer. or explain some things in more detail. not adding mods, nor would i know when a mod needs to be adjusted in any way. but i guess even simply by just asking questions with the intention of changing things, bugs will become apparent, and there will be some general improvements to the guide, to make it very user friendly, while it becomes a bit like STEP: teaching you how to mod *while doing it*.

I agree. I didn't have an issue following the SRLE guide however, there are areas that cold be more user friendly. 

• 2 weeks later...

and the author of Relationship Dialogue Overhaul  has announced he stopped this mod development.

In truth, how RDO ended up is not like my original intentions. Without getting into the specifics, just know that this was supposed to be a resource for other modders, with various other options intended for users. Well, it all ended up getting squashed into a single plugin with a few patches. Not at all how I originally intended it to be.
So, I've decided to actually create the mod(s) I originally wanted. It'll take me a while, with real life and other potential modding obligations, but I've learned a lot when working on RDO that I didn't know when I first started the project in December of 2015, which will be of great benefit.

Hopefully you all have enjoyed using RDO over the last few months, and I truly appreciate the amount of support that all of you have shown for the mod. It really does mean a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

Got my son a PC and now that I have 2 versions of Skyrim, can let him play the original on my Steam account while I muck around with SSE on mine.  I noted the USLEEP is 2 version behind in the guide and even though this is not an issue, concerned about other updates deeper in the guide that may trip me up, especially mods updates and compatibility patches.

Is the guide still being maintained and in good shape? Ok, to post discrepancies and questions here as I go through the process? 

2nd guide that I ever followed (after STEP) and loved the build; feel a little sad to see it being retired :( Really looking forward to SSE guide but until then, what is the recommendation for a guide that enhances Skyrim similar to Neo but not so significantly since my son will be playing for the 1st time.  For example, Frostfall would be great for the experience but skill tree redesigns would be too much for the start.  Thoughts? 

Edited by mcshame

Got my son a PC and now that I have 2 versions of Skyrim, can let him play the original on my Steam account while I muck around with SSE on mine. I noted the USLEEP is 2 version behind in the guide and even though this is not an issue, concerned about other updates deeper in the guide that may trip me up, especially mods updates and compatibility patches.

Is the guide still being maintained and in good shape? Ok, to post discrepancies and questions here as I go through the process?

The guide is not actively being maintained but it should be mostly up to date and usable.

There will be a new guide once SSE has matured for that version.

• +1 1

2nd guide that I ever followed (after STEP) and loved the build; feel a little sad to see it being retired :( Really looking forward to SSE guide but until then, what is the recommendation for a guide that enhances Skyrim similar to Neo but not so significantly since my son will be playing for the 1st time.  For example, Frostfall would be great for the experience but skill tree redesigns would be too much for the start.  Thoughts? 

you can try the YASH guide. It's more close to vanilla regarding skills and perks.

or if you use Neo's guide you need to clean a bit the CR to adjust it to the new mods versions.

Edited by paul666root
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone, I started this guide a week ago and I am almost finishing it. However, as all you know, some of the mods have been taken out from Nexus and others have been updated to new versions and the ones used on the guide are not available anymore. 

I will start the end of the guide (Conflict Resolution) this afternoon, and I expect to finish it tonigh so I would be able to play the game (finally XD) this weekend. 

Does any of you have some tips for me, knowing that some mods will be missing in my load order? also I have replaced the mods that I couldn't get the exact version, with the new version.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys a bit a shameless self promotion here as Neo hasn't updated his guide since last August it might be worth considering using:

SRLE Extended LOTD Guide https://wiki.step-pro..._The_Dragonborn (This is my own guide which is current and still in active development)

or

SRLE Legacy of the Drgaon Reqtified https://wiki.step-pro..._LOTD_Reqtified (this Paul666Root and JDsmith2816 Guide.)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys all Neo's dropbox mods should now be available on my SRLE Extended LOTD Page https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/77331/? All Files are found in the MISCELLANEOUS SECTION. there should be an archive called SRLE Base Replacer esps this should contain all Neo's Replacer esps. The mods with texture or meshes that i am actually using for my own guide are each a separate mod but they can also be found in the MISCELLANEOUS Section.

Special Thanks to Nebulous for pass these to me and of course to our Grand Master Neovalen for permission to redistribute.

Edited by Darth_mathias