Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

Neovalen thank you for the reply, i'm sure your are very busy and i appreciate the time taken.It's pretty much what i thought... so if i remove some texture mods and script heavy mods, i should be alright. As for LOTD, its in the final stages of being finished in its present state. I will keep pluging at it and hopeful one day look forward to your build with it in....should any others have any thoughts or success i look forward to any suggestions Ta Neovalen....Berndaroy

Are you able to share what updates you have in mind for the next couple of weeks?

Any new mods?

The first thing I need / want to look at is actually my other guide: W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited. The latest patch (1.21) in preparation for the final expansion Blood and Wine has just released. The expansion releases tomorrow (or tonight depending on your time zone).

As for what I'm working on related to Skyrim... I am not ready to talk about it yet as I just started investigating it last night. It will be a fairly large change if it works out and I'm happy with the final result. If it doesn't work out... well... there won't be any impact no? :)

It will be a fairly large change if it works out and I'm happy with the final result. If it doesn't work out... well... there won't be any impact no? :)

Well, I'm even more curious now :)

If it's a fairly large change that might come, I will hold on starting a new playthrough.

Please keep us updated and thanks for the care you put into the guide.

Edited by edynacio

Well, I'm even more curious now :)

If it's a fairly large change that might come, I will hold on starting a new playthrough.

Please keep us updated and thanks for the care you put into the guide.

You got to spread your wings sometime... if you keep waiting for me to "finish" you'll be waiting forever. I've always got something up my sleeve...

• +1 1

Dear Neovalen, thank you for your continued hard work with SRLE, but man, it can be hard to keep up with you.... he he!Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but i have a simple request/query. Though i love your build, i wondered if you may have a "slightly toned" down version. The reason is i really LOVE Legacy of the Dragonborn and with all the supported mods added on top of your build, the mod count runs high, not to mention scripts, strings etc(not that i'm a wizard with mods). I understand that you have buildt your layout, according to your set of values, and its brilliant(it's the bases for any game i play). If you were to take out any mods from each catorgry, ie Animated ans skeleton section, which one could be dropped and what would you recommend with the goal of adding LOTD on top.Yes i understand the look and feel in game may be changed, but i'm looking for lee way and balance in regards to game play. My rig is high end but limited with vram (Nvidia Geforce 780 3gb) and with too much build, continually riding just below the vram allowance and crashes. It isn't a train smash, so to speak, but just thought i might ask you for any advise. Thank you again for all you have done......

Yours sincerely Berndaroy

I've just finished installing SR:LE, and am in the process of putting LotD on top (also SkyComplete). So far so good, no real big issues that I've found so far (the only really major thing I ran into was the conflict resolution patch, which has Book Covers of Skyrim as a master, but which you have to remove because BCoS is integrated into LotD). I resolved that with a bit of editing in TES5Edit and then a "Clean Masters"  command on the CR patch.

I haven't entirely finished yet, but from my initial tests (based on about an hour of messing about in the museum and Solitude), everything is looking pretty good. I'll be checking what sort of conflicts there are in TES5Edit. Could still crash and burn.

Dear Neovalen, thank you for your continued hard work with SRLE, but man, it can be hard to keep up with you.... he he!

The easiest way is don't try and keep up with it 100%. Bookmark the guide page, follow it, play you game through, then look, see what's changed and redo it for the next play. It's how I do it. I'm probably about 3 updates behind, but the game's stable and i'm too far in to restart. :)

I'll come back shortly after my now level 34 Elf Spell Sword has cleaned Alduin's clock and start again. Next up I plan on going the whole hog. :)

hey Neo,

Any chance you can do your updates in a separate page (ie: not forum format; content can only be added by you)?

Then just list the date of the update followed by a spoiler tag. For example:

SRLE Cumulative Updates Web Page

May 30, 2016 Update:

list all updates

May 31, 2016 Update:

list all updates

June 1, 2016 Update:

list all updates

That way, if a user has finished installing their SRLE setup a month or two ago and wants to update to latest version, it wold be easier to start from their last full install date and work their way up.

Not sure if that's feasible, but would sure make things faster than trying to figure out the "web history" stuff.

Cheers!

Hello Neo

Looking at the guide from an Outsiders point of view I have a few requests/suggestions to make the install of your guide go even smoother

When I have mods that are merged, I try to group them together in the left pane of MO because I like to type (Merged, Do Not Use) next to them. That way I know which mods are in a merge with a mod that I may have just updated.

1. Remove the Optional RSC - CRF Patch from the Cutting Room Floor section and add a link for it to the RSChildren section. (These mods are merged so it makes sense that they are grouped together)

2. Add CACO Soaps for bathing in Skyrim, to the Bathing in Skyrim section. (These mods are merged so it makes sense that they are grouped together)

3. Add Cutting Room Floor – No Snow under the Roof, to the No Snow under the Roof section. (These mods are merged so it makes sense that they are grouped together)

4. Any other mods like the ones included above that I may be missing.

5. Add a note in the merged section for even better Quest Objectives giving users instructions to copy EBQO esp into the newly created merge. It would be nice to have a note for any other mod that does this also.

6. Maybe add notes telling which mods you merged together upon installing them into MO. In order for that particular mod to work while merging with Merge Plugins. This is for users who install all mods separately and my not know better. I know you merge Main Files and updates together. Some people also like installing everything individually

Thank you for reading this I hope you consider some of the input

​

Edited by Razorsedge877

Hello Neo, firstly massive thank you for your amazing guide. It is invaluable to novice modders like myself and I really appreciate all your hard work.

My question concerns the optimized textures both vanilla and dlc in the early part of your guide. It says on the mod page for Optimised textures (linked in your guide) that these replace the bethesda high resolution texture packs which are not therefore needed. Indeed in your guide you say to uncheck the archive bsa's. So why do we need to install the high res DLC texture packs at all if using the optimized textures? 

Thank you in advance for clarifying.