Merging...

Bircangelo

Question

Yeah...well at least im nearly there so please be patient!lol

So .... i did read and watch all the guides but since im dumb and all, i need someone to correct me in an absolutely specific way if you have the patience and time, i would be VERY grateful!

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition/Mod_Merging

Everything is optimized for the optionals panel(champollion gave me some trouble because i had the 64 bit version but i fixed it)

(Question 1)So i start the merge plugin standalone from mod organizer as instructed of course, i check skyrim profile , and the plugin selection window : When i choose only the required eps's  to merge, the Ok button is not clickable/grayed out.But when i leave it as the way it is(which is basicly every esp) it works fine except for the long wait time for the program to get ready.So if im doing anything wrong there could you please tell me?

Now i need to give you the first one as an example which is :

Bathing In Skyrim

Files to merge:

Merge name:

• ----- Bathing in Skyrim Merged

Filename:

• Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp

Left pane placement:

So i create the merged 

• ----- Bathing in Skyrim Merged

as instructed and leave the merging tool without any errors what so ever!(yay me) i refresh the left panel and see my merged mod shining beatifully.

Now on to my REAL question : 

Left pane placement:

i do this but when i need to deactivate the source files i got confused :

i deactivate these ones

(Question 2)   BUT do i need to deactivate 

• Bathing in Skyrim (which has both main.esp and the realistic room rental.esp in it)

as well?Since i did merge the Main.esp too...is it necessary for it to stay activated as the master file?

Now about to my last(hopefully) question about merging :

''If there are other plugin files in those mods not included the merge they must be manually copied to the new merged mod.''

(Question 3)yep...you lost me there sorry Neovalen!So for example when i enter my newly created merge file ''----Bathing in Skyrim Merged/merge/plugins'' folder via open in explorer i see all the 4 old esps in it, which basicly means there are no other plugin files that i missed.But am i looking at the correct folder to check the missing plugins?Because when i watched Gamerpoets video about this he double clicked the merged folder , opened optional ESP's tab and found the ESP's he just merged in the available ESP's and moved them to the Optional ESP's tab which got me VERY confused...(I know i get confused VERY easily)In Dreadflopp's guide it says :

Select the original mod in Mod Organizer. Right click/Open in explorer.
Select the plugins you need to copy. Right click/copy
Select the new merged mod in Mod Organizer. Right click/Open in explorer.
Right click/paste the new plugins into the new merged mod folder.

Yep got that part, however i do not understand the concept of copy pasting the esp's(missed???how can it be not included?Like it doesnt allow me to merge that esp or something?)next to the new merged.esp since instead of merging compatible esp's in to one esp, this just makes it merged.esp + 1 extra esp that i could have merged in the first place with the other esp's right??

Well if you read so far i thank you for your patience and sorry about my faulty language(english is not my first language but still no excuse!)

11 answers to this question

(Question 1)So i start the merge plugin standalone from mod organizer as instructed of course, i check skyrim profile , and the plugin selection window : When i choose only the required eps's  to merge, the Ok button is not clickable/grayed out.But when i leave it as the way it is(which is basicly every esp) it works fine except for the long wait time for the program to get ready.So if im doing anything wrong there could you please tell me?

you need to place last in the load order the esps rquired to be merged. Select them all and also scroll up and every master that those esps need is in red/italic. Check those too. Only then the OK button will be clickable.

Also you can select all the esps that you merge and then right click on them and select masters->check all masters and will autoselect everything you need. Anyway OK button will not enable if one master is missing.

PS don't select them all because you will have to wait tons of your time until they all load!!!

(Question 2)   BUT do i need to deactivate 
  • Bathing in Skyrim (which has both main.esp and the realistic room rental.esp in it)

as well?Since i did merge the Main.esp too...is it necessary for it to stay activated as the master file?

you need to deaativate both Bathing in Skyrim CACO Soaps for Bathing in Skyrim mods because they are both in the merged mod. Same for all merges you need to deativate the mods that contain the esps that are in the merge.

and for the Question 3 you really confused me too.  ::):

If you refer why sometimes you need to copy and esp to the merged mod. That's because not always all the esps from a mod folder are in a merge. 

So when a mod contains for example Main esp + Plugin esp and in the merge guide only you see Plugin esp then the Merge Plugin Standalone copies everything from that mod (all folders) but not the Main esp. So you have to manually copy Main esp to the merged folder and deactivate the original mod.

Edited by paul666root

Thank you so much paul!You basicly answered every question.However in question 3 what i asked was exactly what you said :

'' That's because not always all the esps from a mod folder are in a merge.So when a mod contains for example Main esp + Plugin esp and in the merge guide only you see Plugin esp then the Merge Plugin Standalone copies everything from that mod (all folders) but not the Main esp. So you have to manually copy Main esp to the merged folder and deactivate the original mod.''

This confused me even more!lolol

But let me simplicify it:

there are 3 mod folders that containing the 4 esps that i require to merge:

Bathing in Skyrim (which contains the main.esp and realistic rental room.esp)

Followers Only (which contains followers only.esp)

CACO Soaps for Bathing in Skyrim (which contains CACO_Bathing in Skyrim.esp)

So i go in to merge plugin and merge the 4 esp's without any problem leave the plugin and now im in mod manager looking at my newly created merged folder right?

I right click on it and select open in explorer/merge/plugins and i see all 4 esps in it however they are like ''Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp.merged'' they became .merged files not esps which are basicly 0 kb and i can see the newly created esp as Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp when i just select open in explorer.

Now my question is , since i can see the main.esp in the open in explorer/merge/plugins as a .merged file(which is exactly this : Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp.merged) does this mean that the main.esp is included in the newly created Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp so that i don't need to copy and paste the original main.esp in Bathing in Skyrim folder?

AND this should also answer my second question as well.If the answer is yes the main.esp is included in the newly merged Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp file and i DO NOT need to copy paste the main.esp THIS should also mean that i can deactivate the Bathing in Skyrim mod folder in the left pane that includes the main.esp right?

I really hope i didn't confuse you more :D

thanks both!

i was to ask exactly the same questions :D

for Merge plugins, this is what i do to load esps

i run it, select Skyrim profile-> plugins windows appears

unselect all

check plugins to be merged are continous and in the right order

check these

the select these and ->masters, check masters

then as Guard said, the ok button is active now, 

click ok

for Bathing merge..., when i close merge program and check my mods folder, i got a new folder

"Bathing in Skyrim Merged" 

this seems to have all files from merged mods, so i suposse nothing more needs to be copied

so, this is what i finally got:

Bathing in Skyrim 1.11 (deactivated)

Bathing in Skyrim Merged (actived)

Bathing in Skyrim - followers only  (deactivated)

CACO Soaps for Bathing in Skyrim  (deactivated)

i put merged plugin directly after main one.

I think this is right for this merging.

Edited by anormal

Now my question is , since i can see the main.esp in the open in explorer/merge/plugins as a .merged file(which is exactly this : Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp.merged) does this mean that the main.esp is included in the newly created Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp so that i don't need to copy and paste the original main.esp in Bathing in Skyrim folder?

AND this should also answer my second question as well.If the answer is yes the main.esp is included in the newly merged Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp file and i DO NOT need to copy paste the main.esp THIS should also mean that i can deactivate the Bathing in Skyrim mod folder in the left pane that includes the main.esp right?

I really hope i didn't confuse you more :D

You don't have to go to merge/plugin.....

If you installed Neo's patch for followers Bathing in Skyrim - Followers Only.esp in a different mod folder in MO then you should have:

Bathing in Skyrim (this you disable)

Bathing in Skyrim - Followers Only (this you disable)

CACO Soaps for Bathing in Skyrim (this you disable)

all these are mods in left panel in MO

and you have left with Bathing in Skyrim Merged (this you have to enable)

for this merge you don't have to copy anything you just use your new merge since all esps are now merged in Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp

Edited by paul666root

Sorry but got another small question.(this was my question 3 actually)

right now im at even better quest objectives merge and i merged these

and deactivated the original file (Even Better Quest Objectives)

however since the main BetterQuestObjectives.esp was in that folder and i didn't merge it as instructed ,the newly created merged esp was showing missing master so i copy pasted it to the newly created merged folder(i dont need to copy paste anything else i hope) and now i have 2 esp's which are

BetterQuestObjectives.esp

BetterQuestObjectives - Patches.esp

and it doesnt show any missing masters anymore when i deactivate the original Even Better Quest Objectives.So my question is this : I'm doing this right, right?I know this itself looks obvious to you guys but since this is my first time doing this i just dont want to screw up try all over again a simple 'yes you are doing it right' will suffice lol.Thank you for your patience.

i solved this last case in other way, 

in Mod Organizer, after merging the betterquest what i did was:

- put merged after main one

Even better quest objectives (enabled)

Even better quest objectives merged (enabled)

- but i double clicked main one, go to optional esps, and move the merged esp up (to optional esps), so i have

Even better quest objectives (enabled) -> all esps in optional esps, except betterquestobjectives.esp

Even better quest objectives merged (enabled) -> only the one merged esp down, in available

is also ok? or is best to copy main esp to new merged folder, and disable main mod? 

thanks!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.