Wiki Editors: To do List

TechAngel85

Question

I'm creating this page for the Wiki Editors. We needed a place to compile a list of changes to be made, content to be created, to-dos, updates, etc. I'll update the OP as suggestions are posted, work is in progress, and items are completed.

Needs to be Updated:

• Troubleshooting Guide (Needs to be updated with new advice and old advice that is no longer applies needs to be taken out)
  • Wrye Bash Guide (see the list below)
    • Use the Official ReadMe as a reference
    • Add Color Codes for each tab on Wrye Bash
    • Add in how to create Wizards
    • Needs some less technical information for those users that just want a "quick start" to get up and running
  • xEdit Guide (needs to be completed)
    • How to remove masters from plugins

New Content Suggestions:

• Mod Reviews (place these on the appropriate forum thread please... not the wiki)
  • TES Lore
  • Texture Creation
  • Mesh Improvement
  • Python Scripting
  • NVIDIA Control Panel Guide

Work Completed:

Use custom editing space: (admin...please correct if wrong)
In most cases, it is totally OK to update a live page; however, it can be beneficial if you are working on new content or are completely re-working existing content to do so in your own userspace until the changes or content is ready to be committed to the live wiki. This will keep the STEP users that may be currently using the content from seeing constant changes and may just save them their sanity. ;)

To do this, use the namespace User followed by your username/page. Remember, page names are case sensitive.

For example:
        https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Username/Sandbox
        (clicking will create a "sandbox" page for you to edit on)

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I use AMD

I also use AMD

The AMD Guide needs some serious help! I've recently renamed the page to better suit and represent the guide and product. (ATI CCC is no longer used and no longer its legal or official name)
I've noticed that the AMD Catalyst Control Center GUI has been changed and doesn't look like the existing screenshots.

I just finised the wiki guide for AMD i just can't edit anything i can't log in to wiki

Try logging out of the forums, clearing cache and whatnot, then logging into the forums first, and then the Wiki.  That usually solves it.
Restating the following for clarity because the above recommendation is not correct, and I keep seeing folks suggesting this.

The login process for the Wiki and the Forum are completely different, and in no way affect each other. Logging out of the forum will not affect ones ability to login to the Wiki. The primary reason that a user would be unable to login to the Wiki is usually that their primary group is not set to "Registered".

I just finised the wiki guide for AMD i just can't edit anything i can't log in to wiki

Try logging out of the forums, clearing cache and whatnot, then logging into the forums first, and then the Wiki.  That usually solves it.
Restating the following for clarity because the above recommendation is not correct, and I keep seeing folks suggesting this.

The login process for the Wiki and the Forum are two completely different processes. Logging out of the forum will not affect ones ability to login to the Wiki. The primary reason that a user would be unable to login is usually that their primary group is not set to "Registered".

Ah, ok, guess I'm running on old knowledge; I keep forgetting about the primary group.

The SIG should be pretty much done, that one got a hell of a makeover. The Troubleshooting guide could use a lot more clean up and personally I think each tab (aside from any ToC/introduction tab) should act more-or-less independently to solve one issue. Last time I looked, there were quite a few notes that were out of date and there is definitely some newer advice missing, although I can't remember any of them...

I would include a reference to the Support guidelines you just included in the forum so that people who go through the troubleshooting guide and can't get their issues fixed and want to post about it in the Support forum will be extra reminded that they need to give detailed information about their setup.

I would include a reference to the Support guidelines you just included in the forum so that people who go through the troubleshooting guide and can't get their issues fixed and want to post about it in the Support forum will be extra reminded that they need to give detailed information about their setup.

Along those same lines, I would include in link to the Troubleshooting Guide in the announcement on the forum. Users should be first checking the Troubleshooting Guide before posting their questions in the Troubleshooting forum.

Along those same lines, I would include in link to the Troubleshooting Guide in the announcement on the forum. Users should be first checking the Troubleshooting Guide before posting their questions in the Troubleshooting forum.
Good point, updating it right now.

On that note' date=' we need editors to begin correcting and adding to the Troubleshooting Guide per the [ SOLVED ] threads in the support forum.

This is in my plans as I've mentioned it in a conversation somewhere with s4n. Real life is taking up more of my time now tho. I have a part-time job now and today we're celebrating my mom's big 5.0. birthday, so I won't be on til later this evening. On top of that...I'm been playing Mass Effect 2 again... I know, I'm ashamed of myself. :facepalm: